Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 19:58

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 120/111/108
BF:
Progress: 75%
Talking Two weeks I guess I'm here to stay!

Hello,
I had better introduce myself since I've been doing the Atkins diet for two weeks exactly now and I believe I'm here to stay! I've lost 5 lbs, which is not as much as some of the others, but I'm pretty happy with that. I didn't have as much to lose. I did need to be doing this WOE though because I had been feeling so sluggish and foogy for a few years. I suppose due to the low fat high carb type of eating that Iwas trying to do, but eventually eating mostly junk.

I am a mommy and a part time preschool teacher. This energy has been what I have been needing for years now! I always wondered how people got so much done, because it was such an effort for me to do even the smallest task!

I actually am enjoying the diet! Bacon, Cheese, Red Meat, Cream are all things that I would have NEVER eaten on the low fat type diet! I am thrilled to find out how great fat really tastes! Plus my fingernails are growing!

I have been reading your posts all over the boards and am really enjoying the information, stories and comraderie (did I spell that right?).

DEB
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-03, 03:44

Stats: 250/195/112
BF:
Progress: 40%

Hi Deb!!....*LOL*...am not sure about the spelling...I think any reason to do the lo carb way is good enough....isnt it great to take away the blah feelings?!...it sounds like you are doing a great job!!! keep up the great work!!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-03, 20:17

Plan: Somersize
Stats: 198/198/140
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile

Hello Deb,
It sounds like you're off on the right track. Your energy level sounds so much like my own. I've just began LCing, this is my 4th day,and I cannot believe that I already feel better. I'm not needing those afternoon naps I like yourself have noticed my nails growing-WOW!
I wish you all the best & success in this venture.

mj
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-03, 09:59

Stats: 193/188/132
BF:42%
Progress: 8%

Welcome to this journey with the other lowcarbers here. We welcome you with open arms. The more the merrier.

You are correct when you say that no two people lose weight the same on this WOL, but stick with it. Just stay focused and tell yourself "I owe myself this, and I won't let food dictate to me a minute longer." You control your fate and you will succeed.

Glad that you came on board and hope you like reading as there is a vast amount of information here, too much to absorb at once, but everyday you come back you learn something news.

Everyone here is so friendly and our moderator is a GOD SEND!

I will stopping by from time to time to see your progress. I am not even worried, because I know you can do it.

Have a great lowcarb day and remember ... take it one meal at a time and if you don't have one, get you a Carbohydrate Counter from your bookstore... so when in doubt, check it out first!

Oh yeah! Almost forgot to congratulate you on the 5 lbs. WAY TO GO!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Have a good one...

Quote:
You are one step closer to goal, then you were yesterday

Last edited by LindaC6724 : Fri, Mar-07-03 at 10:04.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-03, 21:53

BF:
Default Thanks for the encouragement!

Thanks for the encouragement! I particularly like that comment about not letting the food rule. I am still very happy with this WOE and although there are moments when the cheesecake is calling my name, so far I have had the strength to resist. LOL.

No additional weight loss, but I still feel great. The sun came out today and it will be 70 here tomorrow. Whoopee! I had a serious case of cabin fever! It's excercise time!

Deb
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-03, 21:59

BF:
Default Thanks for the encouragement!

Thanks for the encouragement! I particularly like that comment about not letting the food rule. I am still very happy with this WOE and although there are moments when the cheesecake is calling my name, so far I have had the strength to resist. LOL.

No additional weight loss, but I still feel great. The sun came out today and it will be 70 here tomorrow. Whoopee! I had a serious case of cabin fever! It's excercise time!

Deb
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Mar-08-03, 17:16

Stats: 193/188/132
BF:42%
Progress: 8%
Default Hi Deb

You are doing really well and that is fabulous.

Your enthusiasm is catching and I want to commend you for not stressing out due to no weight loss. I can't stress this enough that Patience is the key with this WOL, and you are handling it BEAUTIFULLY!

Keep up the good work and I will check back next week to see how you are doing.

Have a great lowcarb day too!

Quote:
Instead of thinking of excuses to fail, think of reasons to succeed -- SORCHAN