Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-06-03, 21:33
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/low carb
Stats: 210.0/210.0/140.0
BF:
Progress: 0%
Smile A new goal...

Ok, I am going to have one mini goal for now. I want to try to get down below 195 before Easter. This is for Lent. I tried to give up caffiene and I had the most horrible headache all day. Then I had a unsweetened tea at dinner and it went away. I will still try to limit the caffiene until I can wean off of it. I can't do it cold turkey, it's too Painful!!!!!!!

I just keep reading and reading this forum everyday, night and day. You all inspire me not to give up when I'm gaining instead of losing. Thanks.

Vicki
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-06-03, 21:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Be patient with your body - weight loss isn't a straight line downwards, even if you stay firmly on the plan. You may get to your first mini-target by Easter (I certainly wish you that success) but you could also lose inches during that time and be happy with the change in size. The tape measure or the fit of your clothes is a better measure of how you are doing.

That's too bad about the caffeine withdrawal headache. Gradually cutting down is a fairly good idea - the headache only lasts a day or two.

Wishing you much success.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Mar-06-03, 21:55

Plan: adkins
Stats: 260/250/210
BF:don't know
Progress: 20%

for the record, I didn't give up caffeine at all, and it doesn't seem to matter, at least for me. But that's my only sin on the diet ( so far ) ! and I drink AT LEAST 10 cups a day, sometimes as many as 20
lost 30lbs sence 2/2, and only 20 more to go
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Mar-06-03, 22:02
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/low carb
Stats: 210.0/210.0/140.0
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking caffiene is my friend

I usually drank Diet Coke in place of my water, that was before I started Atkins. Now I have to have one with breakfast, who can eat eggs with a glass of water?? YIKES!!! I try to limit my DC intake of 1 can a day. I did buy some Diet Rite yesterday and it has no caffiene so I'll give those a try and still drink WATER!!!

Vicki
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Mar-06-03, 22:31

Stats: 367/225/175
BF:
Progress: 74%
Talking

Mum,

Congrats on setting a mini goal!! I find them great motivation!! I set them all the time. Even if I do not reach them, it is okay, as long as I can say I gave it my best!!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-03, 08:58
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

My mini is a simple one, I want my boobs to stick out father then my stomach! I wonder what golden weight that will be at?
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-03, 10:23

Stats: 184/156/160 Female 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 117%
Thumbs up Mini Goals & Caffeine

Good for you, doing Atkins!! It can't be easy with 4 children, but it does make me feel so much better-not only thinner, but much more energy and way fewer aches and pains. For the first time in my life, I wake up on time without grogginess...

Now, about that caffeine-I was forced to cut it out several years ago, there is an easy way. Just start mixing regular coffee with decaf in half-and-half proportions, then GRADUALLY cut down the caffeinated until ther is none. You might also consider these alternatives: decaf hot tea, decaf herbal tea-this is my personal choice, and they come in LOTS of flavors. Since i started Atkins, I've abandoned the sweet, fruity flavors, and now I use Ginger-Orange-Honey, Lemon-Ginger, etc. Anything with ginger helps to move your metabolism along.

Good Luck-you're worth it-
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-03, 10:41

Stats: 205/184/135
BF:way to much
Progress: 30%

Good morning,

I also have 4 children... all girls.

I have been facing a little up on the scale too. It is such a bummer when you jump on and see a higher number after being so excited with the lower numbers. Oh well, I just smile, say a few unmentionables under my breath and move on to another day.

I am trying to get up the courage to put the scale away and only weigh once a week. Really, I would like to only weigh every 2 weeks, but I haven't arrived at that place mentally yet.

Well, I'm off to do some laundry...Yippee

Tam