Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-03, 19:01
Registered Member

Plan: The Zone
Stats: 154/150.5/132
BF:25%/22%/15%
Progress: 16%
Question reward meal

Hi I am doing CADLP having a bit of trouble getting my head around the rm I feel guilty that I am having dessert and a glass of wine, is this normal when you first start this plan. everything is very new. Also can someone tell me how to start a journal here.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-03, 19:11
Golden Greek Girl

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 207/200/185 Female 5'8
BF:?????
Progress: 32%

Hi Jules, Yes I went through the same thing when I started CAD in November. I just felt so guilty. Even before this WOE I was lowfat and still didn't eat desserts. You don't have to eat it, it is totally up to you. I started with some SF jello and whipped topping, then went to cheesecake real quick. After I ate the cheesecake I watched the scale like crazy and saw no gain and was like " HEY this really works!". After you see the scale doesn't move and you eat cheesecake you'll be fine. You can go look at Sheila's journal and take a look at her food and how much weight she has lost. You can get to it by clicking here I think it is just a fear that your doing something wrong cause it appears wrong and if you confront it, it will be gone. Hope it helps.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-03, 19:32
Registered Member

Talking Thanks

Thanks Amber I was really pleased to get your reply. I hace been on low fat and high carbs of so long it is going to take a little getting used to. Even my doctor agreed that I was insulin resistent she did suggest the zone but I feel because I now know I am a CA I need to be a bit restictive with my carbs. Do you think thats right. Any advise is greatly appreciated.Also do you know how I go about starting a journal here. I would really like to keep track right from the start. Nice meeting you
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-03, 19:51

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 264/136/146 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 108%

Welcome!

Scoll down to the journals...find the J thread (for your user name)...post a new message.....that's your journal. Nothing to it, but the best move you will ever make!

I really think you'll love CAD. I do. It is a very liveable plan. There are a number of people here who have had wonderful success on the plan. I have only been on for seven weeks so I'm fairly new too. I've lost 7 pounds. It is not fast for me, but oh, well. It's very liveable.

Today has been horrible, but I will take that up in my journal later. Point being.....it's a journey so even on the bad days ....keep going. The forums offer great support and you will make many new friends in the journals.

Glad you're here....

Deb
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-03, 19:58

Plan: south beach (CAD)
Stats: 314/284/150 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:49
Progress: 18%

Hi jules-

Just remember to have your salad and to balance your meal-1/3 protein, 1/3 vegies, 1/3 carbs. This seems important. I have eaten a dessert every night for 2 weeks (carrot cake, ice cream, cookies,donut) and have lost 10 lbs--hard to believe-but have faith--it works
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Mar-06-03, 00:11
Registered Member

Default Dessert

Thanks Donna, when you go nearly your whole life saying dont have dessert I must admit it is nice to have it. Thanks for your support. Keep losing as the say "dont stress the small stuff and everthing is small stuff."
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Mar-06-03, 17:07
Golden Greek Girl

Plan: Atkins induction
Stats: 207/200/185 Female 5'8
BF:?????
Progress: 32%

Hi Jules so when are you starting a journal? I want to come visit, so lets get to it. JK When you have time Deb told you where to go, but make sure you click on the icon that says start new thread and then eveytime you visit your journal you just hit reply and it will just keep adding to your journal. I kept hitting new thread at first and had posts flying all over the place, but the moderators are great here and put them all togeather for me. Congrats to you, your headed in the right direction. Come visit my place when you get set up.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-03, 09:27
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 346/295/220 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 40%

My wife and I have been following a LC plan somewhere between Atkins and Protein Power. This past week, with some knowledge of CALP, we vacationed in Nashville. We knew that we would go beyond the carb levels we had been at (usually around 30g to 40g per day).

Well, we did not exactly follow CALP, but we probably kept the carbs to around 100g or less per day. I ended up gaining two pounds and my wife gained none. Having been back for two days, I lost the weight I gained.

But the trip to Nashville was sort of a message to me that CALP is OK. I am sure had I followed CALP, I would not have gained the two pounds. But I am still a bit hesitant to take the CALP plunge.

Who knows, perhaps some day I will. This has been a helpful thread.

Thanks,

Bobby