Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-03, 16:57
Registered Member

Plan: Cruisin' into Maintenance
Stats: 230/190/190 Male 74 in.
BF:??/18/??
Progress: 100%

LisaJJ (Too many Lisa's in this thread).

I'm from Yorkshire originally, been in the states for 6 years and really that's when my weight gain started. I notice whenever I go back 'home' that the foods and drinks are nowhere near as sweet as they are over here. My mum's coming across next month and she say's she's bringing over her own butter becasue the butter over here is too sweet!

I have the occasional slip up, usually at parties where the alcohol flows and the snacks are plentyful. I think I'm at a stage now where I just stall for a few days after a slip up. I've learned to drink plenty of water after I've consumed a load of carbs to try and flush them out of my system and that seems to work pretty well. Soon, your cravings will go and it won't seem so much of a treat or comfort to endulge in carbs as it used to. You'll start finding solace in nuts, veggies, or even the dreaded Atkins bars!!!!!

No Biggie! stick with it and all will be well. Personally I'm amazed with how I've managed so far, wht I change I've gone through this past 3 months,