Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 10:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 145/128.5/125
BF:
Progress: 83%
Default Water water everywhere...

Hey everyone!
My problem is relatively minor, but I wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions.

I have a fairly small bladder, and now that I am drink lots and lots of water, I am waking up a lot during the night for, well, relief.
Since I started induction ( a little over a week ago) , I have had to go at least once per night, sometimes two or three!
This isn't such a big deal, and I am willing to cope with it considering all the other benefits I have been seeing. Still, I thought I would see if anyone else has any solutions to this problem. Or should I just accept the fact I am cursed with a bladder the size of a walnut and be done with it?

-Angie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 11:17
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Hi ladyfunk! I wake up at least 3-4 times to go to the washroom. It interrupts my sleep. I try to hold it sometimes.

red
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 11:21

Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

For me it's kind of slowed down, been here about 7 weeks now, and still drinking tons of water, I think your bladder adjust after a bit.
My problem is during the day, getting there on time, LOL, I find I don't get much notice some times

Kathy
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 15:14

Stats: 227/201/197 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 87%

Yes, I just posted similarly in another thread.
What I do now is I get most of my water intake between 9am and 7pm, then I just nurse one bottle of water for the rest of the night.

I still typically have to get up once in the middle of the night, but before I restricted myself, it became a problem of 2-3 times a night.

Before I started drinking lots of water, I'd maybe get up 2-3 times per week in the middle of the night. I don't mind as much knowing that I am cleansing myself and purging all the exta fats from by body.

I know that water is so important during induction, and I am doing the 4 weeks induction phase. So 2 weeks, 4 more days to go.

Tom C
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 18:01

Plan: atkins
Stats: 185/168/145 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 43%

I try to get water in b4 supper but when I don't it is to the bathroom several times a nite-fortunately I get to go rt back to sleep. It is normal for me to stop everytime I pass the bathroom-getting to be a regular routine.
Jan
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 10:17

Stats: 250/234/150
BF:
Progress: 16%

I usually drink almost all the water I can take during the daytime, and when it gets close to bedtime (something like 9pm or so) I stop drinking water. So usually by the time I get to bed around 11, I have peed all I have to pee and won't be woken up in the middle of the night