Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-02-03, 00:20
Registered Member

Plan: CAD/Atkins
Stats: 265/258/165
BF:
Progress: 7%
Unhappy Fell off the wagon this weekend

*Sigh*

It was all going so well, and then, after Shabbat services, there was this most beautiful spread, as usual. And I just grabbed a bagel, and then a slice of cheesecake.....

I know I can get back on the wagon. I started again this evening. But I am so disappointed in myself. I am NOT weiging myself again until I have been back on the WOE for at least 3 days.

Has anyone had any really really weak moments like this in the beginning?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-02-03, 00:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/225/130
BF:
Progress: 10%

Channah

I think we've all been there. Just get back on track!......What's done is done.............Look to tomorrow! Hang in there!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-02-03, 00:55
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks, Kayceecan.

Next week, I am not even going to look in the direction of the carbo table!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-02-03, 01:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/225/130
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hey Channah,

Just noticed, your birthday is one day after mine (Nov. 12)....and you were born the same year my second son, Adam was born!....Stay in touch, we have some connections....lol...
Good luck in your LC quest!....
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-02-03, 07:26

Plan: No more
Stats: 168/177/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: -39%

Yep, it's normal to give in sometimes. It doesn't matter if you've just started or if you've been at it for a while. It usually hits totally out of the blue, too...

I've been fortunate in that I am pretty disciplined and it doesn't happen that often, but when it does.... Watch out!

Just pick yourself up and get back on track and you'll feel much better. It's always disappointing when it happens, but it's rewarding when you get right back on track and can feel proud of yourself for doing so.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Mar-02-03, 07:31
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 58%

Channah
Don't belabor it. Believe me, everyone has been there. I've been there many times myself. You are doing the best thing in getting right back on program. CAD is forgiving of a 1 day slip up. We are all in this for the long haul and it is a long journey with stumbles along the way.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Mar-02-03, 12:25

Plan: south beach (CAD)
Stats: 314/284/150 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:49
Progress: 18%

Dear Channah-

Just let it go, its over and tomorrow will be another great LO CARB day for you. Hurray for all those days without slips!!!

Donna
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Mar-02-03, 15:26

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 264/136/146 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 108%

You mentioned in your journal that while a CADer you have been doing Atkins for the past few days. Maybe your body was really craving an RM. That wouldn't be blowing it, that would just be working your CAD plan as long as you didn't go past your hour.

In any case, you will get a lot of positive response to your question, because I doubt there are very many here who have not made a mistake or had a bad day, or week, or longer. Point is, you came here and intend to get back on. That's what counts and nobody is going to judge or critisize you for not being PERFECT. Who is? Don't beat yourself up.

Consider a CAD week. I might help you get back in control a little easier.

Deb
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 06:14
Registered Member

BF:

You guys are the best! Thanks for all the support. I did much better on Sunday, even in the face of major emotional issues going on. :-)
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-03, 19:30
Registered Member

Plan: Under 30 carbs per day
Stats: 200/194/160
BF:
Progress: 15%
Lightbulb Don't fret!

Channah: Here's more support for you. It's so wonderful to see we have company out there. So many low-carbers having had difficulty themselves, and soooo very supportive! I was 190 lbs, low-carbed down to 169lbs in 3 months, then started a new job and within a year, was up to 200lbs. Ughhh. I am back low-carbing, and have lost 5 lbs in the last week. Trying not to beat myself up for falling off the wagon myself. In your case, had you reached for a low-carb bagel and low-carb cheesecake, you would have been just fine...good information for the future - do not dwell over spilled milk - just move forward with hope and focus. Keep up the good work!
Jen