Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 21:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 234.5/207/130 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 26%

Hi Moonbeam!

First of all, congratulations on your loss! 70 lbs, that is AWESOME!!! you should be so proud of yourself!!!!

As for your experience, I just have to agree with what everyone else has been saying....screw 'em! Sometimes I feel sad and lonely too and wish that I was skinnier and I curse myself for being fat..."if only I was thin, then everything would be great and I would have a nice boyfriend". But the truth is, you deserve to be adored by a great guy no matter how much you weigh. A guy who will judge you by your pant size and not by your spirit is not the nice guy you want to be your boyfriend. Sometimes, I try to make myself feel better about being overweight when I am lonely. At least when you are this weight, you can easily tell who likes you for you and who is into an image.

You will find somebody, and it won't be because you lose 10 or 100 lbs, it will be because you are a good person who deserves to be happy!!!!

So cheer up!!

~*Shannon
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Mar-06-03, 21:12

Stats: 230/220/120
BF:
Progress: 9%
Thumbs up

Dear Moonbeam_2 Please don't get discouraged about what those other people said to you. Every person has their own distinguished qualities and I can see you are a person who has a good heart. I know it hurts a lot but think about all the nice people who really care about you. You have accomplished a major hurdle by losing the extra weight. I'm very proud of you. I'll be here cheering you on.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-03, 13:35

Stats: 299/288/197
BF:
Progress: 11%
Smile

Hi ya Moonbeam!
I thought you might be interested in the "Calling all Single Lowcarbers" thread. I have seen your posts on dating and about your experiences with online dating.
My sister is a bigger gal (not as big as I) she did that online dating also and met nothing but weirdo's. Try a different avenue for dating. Local churches (not sure if you go) Grocery stores.
You should start a journal so i can come visit you there. So we can keep in touch.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-03, 16:20

Plan: south beach (CAD)
Stats: 314/284/150 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:49
Progress: 18%

Hi Moonbeam-

When the right man comes you will know because whenever he looks at you all he sees is beauty. I know thay are out there--I can't have the only one!! I v'e been fat and happy with this man for 17 years. He is understanding and supportive but never makes an issue of my weight. Yours is out there too, just keep your eyes open.

Congrats on your terrific loss!!
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Mar-17-03, 01:23

Plan: atkins
Stats: 487/449/199
BF:100%...LOL
Progress: 13%

Cheer up ... not even worth your time ... they are probably fat theirselves!!! GREAT JOB on the 70's!!! I am jealous...LOL!!!