Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 13:29

Plan: Atkins/fasting
Stats: 263/246/160 Female 67 inches
BF:39.9/29.7/21.9
Progress: 17%
Default Pentabosol by Dr's Eades

This is my first post, so I hope I am putting this in the right place.
I just got through watching a paid advertisment for Pentabosol by Dr's Eades. Has anyone tried this? If so, what did you think? Would you recomend it? Or is the low carb WOL enough? I am just getting started with this WOL, I tried Atkins two years ago, and treated it like a diet. So as soon as the weight came off, I went off the WOE. Now I know it is a life time thing. I just need to convince my husband of that!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 15:59

Plan: Atkins+
Stats: 386/285/200 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 54%

Judging by the responses that I have read on this board and others, magic diet pills will reducxe your wallet and nothing else. My personal problem with such things is that after many years of losing and gaining lots of weight, the real accomplishment seems to be keeping it off. To do that you have to build habits that add up to being a permanent set of life changes. Crash diets, with or without pills, teach nothing, low carbing is a sustainable program.
Nyah Levi
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 21:01

Plan: parts of them all
Stats: 181/166/165 Male 5' 8"
BF:25%/9%/12%
Progress: 94%

"Pentabosol includes carnitine, hydroxycitrate (HCA), chromium, aspartic acid, and biotin..."

After reading their books, I'm surprised they'd be pushing a supplement.

Last edited by seyont : Thu, Feb-27-03 at 21:07.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Mar-01-03, 12:48

Plan: Schwarzbien Newbie
Stats: 146/141/120
BF:shrinking
Progress: 19%

Can you post all of the ingredients of the Pentabosol? Just curious. It actually sounds like a good product. The ingredients you mentioned are similiar to what Dr. Atkins suggests for weight loss issues. It is convenient when a supplement contains everything you need, less pills to swallow - GACK!

-Jess