Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 10:36
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Oh my goodness, the enthusiasm!

Quote:
Once we've all tried that week's recipe and shared our thoughts and any modifications, someone edits it into the shared cookbook and posts it somewhere.

We'd need someone to be the Keeper of the Book, and someone to suggest the first recipe to try. I don't want to claim ownership of this by any means; this is a group effort. Hey, could we get a moderator to give us a place to keep the cookbook files we're sharing, and the Big Book as we build it?

Yes, I think we need to talk to a moderator, probably Karen. I can pop over to her journal. I think it would be a good idea to do a poll to see if people are interested in trying 1 new recipe a week. Not everyone will have to do 1 each week (for various reasons), but if there is enough interest, we wouldn't have, say, two people making the recipe.

Second, logistically, it would be best to include the original recipe in the "book" maybe with the average of ratings by all the people who critiqued the recipe. Then at the bottom of the recipe, variations can be added (based on the critiques). Otherwise, it would be hard to track, IMHO.

I have almost all the LC cookbooks on the market. These kind of recipes would be ideal to critique primarily b/c you wouldn't be hurting anyone's feelings. But the brave of heart could also add their own recipes. I'd have to find out about copyright laws. I would think it'd be okay if it was credited to the author. Something for the moderator.

I'm really excited by this idea, now if we could get people motivated. Keep the suggestions coming everyone.

Oh, forgot to mention. We should have a day of the week (ie. Tuesday) that the recipe is posted and then the following weekday (ie. Monday) when the critiques come in. That way it gives people time to organize.

What are your thoughts everyone?

Wanda

Last edited by wcollier : Thu, Feb-27-03 at 10:47.
Sponsored Links