Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 10:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 266/253.5/150
BF:unknown
Progress: 11%
Wink New, AGAIN

Hello Everyone,
I am back again, I was supposed to be starting the first of the year and couldn't, so I thought I'd reintroduce myself and tell you all why I haven't been posting since the first time. I lost my Dad the 4th of January and spent over a month at my Mom's helping her through everything. It really made it impossible to start when I wanted to.
I originally started in 1972, have been on and off the plan several times over the years and have dieted my way up to a high of 280 pounds. I started on Feb. 18, 2002 and lost about 50 pounds, then as usual went off plan and gained back to 266. I just started last Monday Feb. 17, 2003 (strange, only one day different in dates). I weighed in yesterday and I was at 256 3/4. I am ecstatic about a nine pound loss the first week, even though I know it was mostly water. It gives me the incentive I need to keep going.
I have some difficulties due to an accident I had eight years in which I lost my right foot. Due to the odd way I walk I have developed back knee and hip problems which make exercise almost impossible so that doesn't help. (any suggestions would be appreciated as even walking is out of the question till I shed some weight and take the pressure off of these joints). I am 57 years old, so that doesn't help a lot in the exercise department either. I have really gotten out of shape.
Sorry for the long post, just wanted to get acquainted again. Oh yes, someone said something on a board I used to go to (too much fighting for my blood) about frying radishes in place of potatoes. Anyone ever heard of doing this? If so, please let me know how and what kind of radishes. Thanks
[/SIZE]
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 11:59

Plan: Atkins-Started 6 Jan 2003
Stats: 445/445/225 Male 6 ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Lynne,

So sorry to hear about your terrible start to the year. You will get loads of advice and support on LC right here. Good for you for weight loss so far.

regards

Kenny
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 15:04
WhatCanIDoThisTime?!

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 240/230/135 Female 5'3"
BF:too dang much!!!!
Progress: 10%
Talking Greetings!!!!

So sorry to hear about the rotten run of luck! But as a river, we must keep going onward. I truly wish you best of luck and hope you can remain focused to achieve your goals. Be sure to start a journal for your ruminations and so you can monitor your progress....

Pop into mine and say Hi here and there ok?
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 18:44
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, under 30/day
Stats: 335/289/185
BF:
Progress: 31%

Hello, Lynne!

I am sorry for your loss. I lost my mother six years ago and still occasionally have days where I REALLY need to talk to her. I know you don't want to hear that right now because your pain is so fresh. Try to remember the good times.

Low-carbing can become a part of your life such that you never need to go off of it. It can be a way of life, rather than a diet. I wish you much luck with achieving that.

The radish recipe is probably in the recipe section on this site. Look at the bar at the top of this page.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 19:21

Plan: Atkins started 1/2/03
Stats: 302/260/185
BF:47/38/23
Progress: 36%
Default Hello!

Welcome! I too was in some other email groups and left because they were just always arguing, making excuses, etc. This place is awesome! I absolutely love it......spend too much time here...the kitchen never gets clean until 10 PM now!

There are a few fried radish recipes in the recipe section, especially under breakfast. Here is a link http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...ighlight=radish
I have yet to try this, just because I am lazy, but if you do and it is yummy, be sure to let me know!

Glad you're here!

Amy
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 21:35

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 298/265/145
BF:
Progress: 22%
Smile Welcome!

Hi Lynne & Welcome!

It can be hard to re-enter, and yet - choosing improved health really IS our best option!

Please visit & post often. This TDC crowd is unique and an incredible source of info & support!

On the exercise - not sure how small or large your town is, and 57 isn't really "senior" - but the thought that popped in was a recollection of chair-based exercises designed for senior citizens. Could you check in your area (health dept, senior center, YWCA, perhaps) to see if anyone offers this? Otherwise, perhaps a web search would yield some info.

I also sometimes am challenged to move - so arm stretches and lots of deep breathing help - especially the "extra" breathing

Wishing you smooth sailing!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 21:59

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 325/287/150
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default Welcome!

And my condolences for your loss. I lost my father almost 13 years ago, and my mother just 2 years ago; I miss them both terribly. I know they would be very happy to see my new WOL, for they both worried a lot about my health.

"They that love beyond the world cannot be separated by it; death cannot kill what never dies." -- William Penn
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 10:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 266/253.5/150
BF:unknown
Progress: 11%

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, and a special thanks for the link to radishes. You are all right, this board is so much nicer and more supportive than the aol boards. I do go to one of those yet, once in awhile, but it is just so off topic most of the time. I'm glad I found this new home.