Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 09:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 213/194/140
BF:
Progress: 26%
Thumbs up BLOODY AMAZING! Had a fitting for my wedding dress

wow! is all i can say! Yesterday ended up being the big day. It was fitting time for the wedding dress. When my dress was ordered, i was 213 lbs, and hovering between a size 20/22, sometimes an 18 depending on what the style was like. I have not measured my self since then. Only stepped on that forbidden scale. Well, i slid into the beautiful white satin, glimmering sequins and lace reflected all around me, when, whoosh! The dress literally slid off me after i put it on. My seamstress remeasured me, and i have lost 3.5 inches all around my torso, my bust, and another 1.5 inches on top of that on my waist. Also an inch of each arm. She says im now close to a size 16! Thank goodness, my dress is an A-line style, and i have an amazing seamstress. She said she can sew it in. THe entire dress has to be taken apart. I told her, i have 3 more months till the wedding, expect another 15-20 lbs. I have never in my life had someone tell me to try not to lose that much weight! lol. I know i need to lose alot more, but that was sure good for the ego. Now, all i have to do, is get the swelling out of my head from the compliments! Its hard on the scale!
thought id share, as this was a great motivation for me, i really needed it right now. Hope this helps anyone on this WOE. It shows the success is not just measured on the scale, measuring your body is a great way to check as well.

Have a great day! I know i will!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 09:34

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 140/123/125 Female 5 foot 7 inches
BF:?/20%/18%
Progress: 113%

What a wonderful day for you!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!

Just imagine where you could be in a couple of months!

Very excited for you,

Joy
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 09:45

Plan: Modified SB...switched from Atkins
Stats: 150/145/125
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default yay!

Sooooooooo Happy for you!!!

All the hard work is paying off, that is so wonderful.

Fly high!

BB.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 09:57

Stats: 227/201/197 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 87%

Excellent! Now that is a reward indeed. Typically when I lose weight, I'll go out and buy a new shirt or pair of pants to celebrate the new me.

You are not only starting a new life soon, but also fitting in to it.

Just a quick note though. I prefer my women more robust. I see you have 140 as your target weight. For me that'd be too light. If I had a woman who got below my ideal weight for her, I'd be silent and let her go her own path, even though I saw all those wonderful curves and areas I most enjoy dwindle into malnourishment.

If he's marrying you at your current weight, then like me, he has a heart for the person inside. However, as you are dropping those inches, you may want to remind him that he does have some say in how much of the curves you opt to keep.

If it were me, I'd say 160 is a good target. Sorry, not to be rude, but lots of men think those models you see on TV are nothing but bony strips of skin.

Keep up the good work, and leave some left for your man-for-life-to-be...

Tom C
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 10:08

Plan: atkins
Stats: 185/168/145 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 43%

Fantastic girl,
I am so happy for you!!!

Now dear TOM-you wrote:
If he's marrying you at your current weight, then like me, he has a heart for the person inside. However, as you are dropping those inches, you may want to remind him that he does have some say in how much of the curves you opt to keep.

Ooops, you really didn't mean to say that if loves her for her heart then go on to advise her to tell him that he has a say in what she weighs. Total contradiction of term-loves her for her heart. Tell me you didn't really mean that-please!!! What does weight/curves have to do with heart.

I know I am being a little harsh to you. Personally, I wear my hair short -when I was single if a guy told me I should grow it long for him that was the last date. If love is true any wt change shouldn't make a difference right? Tell me that is what you meant to say (he,he,he)
Jan
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 10:33

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

Not to mention... I'm 140 and still have lovely curves!

Keep up the good work!

Angela
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 10:55

BF:

Of course that is what I meant to say. You can fill the in-betweens all you like in my post. I really didn't detail my position on the matter.

I expressed that she should decide her own weight.

What I meant though is as she is getting down in the pounds it would be really nice if she were to wiggle around more in front of him to see what he likes as well. She may then decide to alter her lower target weight and up it a bit.

Just a thought.

You women don't hear this, because it is guy talk, but I can't tell you how many times I've heard in my life from another male - Expressed disapproval of going too far on a diet. Now I will attest here for the record that it is fewer are more far between that they complain about underweight than overweight. But in good marriages and couples, the female should feel confident enough to really ask him what he likes. I mean they are both sharing the same pourridge, so why not find out what is "just right"?

Hehe, funny topic though.

Let's not distract this post from her success. She'll make the right decision along the way and find out what he likes as well. It is why they call it a couple, and it does take two to tango...

Tom C
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 10:59

BF:

Oh, let me follow that up with an example. I was working biceps the other day and my girlfriend comes up and squeezes them and says something like: "Oh yeah, that really turns me on." So what do I do? I keep pumping and working those badboys, trying to make them bigger. Was I happy with the size beforehand? Sure, plus I like being strong. Is it a motiviator that she thinks it is sexier or that it can make her more excited? You bet! Now if another chick comes up and states, " I am not in to that, big muscles are yucky." Do I care? Nope. My opinions on the matter are based on three things. I like the look. I like being strong. My girdlfriend likes it and it turns her on.

Does it make me shallow for having my opinion affected by someone I am intimate with? Definitely not. I want to appeal to her and only her. I don't care what others think.

Now if she asked me to shave my head and get a tattoo on my scalp, I'd have to put my foot down...hehe

TC
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 11:22

Stats: 181/159/130
BF:
Progress: 43%

Wow Loriann, that is such a wonderful news! I always knew you could do it! By the time your next fitting day comes up, you'll probably end up taking in the dress some more! I'm so thrilled!

#10   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 13:53
Registered Member

Stats: 169/156/135
BF:40.5/36/25
Progress: 38%

Loriann,
Your post just gave me shivers - what a wonderful experience!! What a reward for your hard work, and esp gratifying because it was such a surprise. Thanks for sharing it with all of us, and letting us share in your fabulous day.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 17:41

Stats: 250/202/145
BF:
Progress: 46%

That is so cool! You must be so excited. Congratulations on your weight loss and your wedding!
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 17:46
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Congratulations Loriann!

Tell her to hold off on the alterations until closer to the time. You go girl!!!

red
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 17:47

Plan: shwarzbein/protein power
Stats: 165/135/125
BF:
Progress: 75%

How wonderful for you. Congratulations!!!
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 18:00
Registered Member

Plan: SPII IS/BOAG
Stats: 186/136/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:A lot/18%/20%
Progress: 109%

I'm getting married too (May 31), and I've got the same thing going on with my dress. I bought my dress just after getting engaged in November, and by my first fitting in mid-January I'd lost about 8 lbs and could really tell the difference. Tell your seamstress not to put the lace and sequins back on your bodice until as close to your wedding as absolutely possible, so it's easier to nip it in a bit more. That's what mine is doing, and it's a good thing -- I'm down about 4 lbs since then, and expect to have gotten rid of these last 4 lbs by the wedding.

Perhaps we should start a Wedding thread in the Countdown Club, because I know vbrowne and a couple other members are also getting married in the spring. I don't know about you, but that poufy white dress is an enormous motivator for me -- it's actually gotten me lifting weights, and it's a *very* effective cheat preventer. I'm actually a little scared of what will happen after the wedding, when I don't have the "blubber-butt bride" mental image to threaten myself with!

Congrats on the wedding and the weight loss!

Atlee
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Feb-26-03, 22:41
Registered Member

Stats: 215/173/150 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:40.4+/37.1/ ?
Progress: 65%
Talking Sooooo Terrific!!!!

That is just sooooo terrific!!!!!!!! Just think how different the fitting would have been if you had had to cram into a too tight or bigger dress and felt unhappy and uncomfortable with sight and feel!!! YOU created this completely different experience!!!! A wonderful way to enjoy your very special, happy day and rest of your new life!!!!!
ABSOLUTELY TERRIFIC AND YOU DID IT YOURSELF!!!!
You should feel so proud... I do for you, too!!!!
Cheers,