Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Reply  Back to story:  My journey to the new ME!

View Article Article tools
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-13-11, 21:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 398.0/374.4/170 Female 5' 10
BF:
Progress: 10%

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are so hot! Look at you You go girl!

I am thankful that you posted this. I just started 5 weeks ago and am doing quite well (At least I think so lol). I have told no one Im on Atkins, other than my hubby, who is doing this with me. I just dont want to hear how bad it is for me. Atkins IS the best thing FOR ME. I am a major major sweets eater and bread person. I feel horrible when I eat that crap. I have felt like a million bucks since getting that out of my system.

Im going to get that shred by JM. Heard a few people on here talk about it. Did your cholesterol, etc go down?

Thanks for sharing!!!!!!! CONGRATS!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-15-11, 13:53

Plan: atkins
Stats: 229/223/163 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 9%

WOW!!!! You are my inspiration........Im starting out at the same weight as you and hope to look as amazing as you. Another considence is I just started in July this year. Im bookmarking this and gonna refer to it. Thanks for sharing your great tips and story.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jul-17-11, 01:00

Stats: 163.3/159.6/116.8 Female 155 cm
BF:
Progress:

really amazing
i felt ur writing as soul talking... deeply and warm. some words touched my heart and i felt ur happiness. really u encouraged me to go through it again. i recently came back from duty mission so during the last 3 weeks i could not stick 2 atkins. i need ur help really i need it
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jul-17-11, 15:21

Stats: 187/166/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 45%

Looking good, girl!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-19-11, 20:31
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

OMG what an amazing journey! The pictures say it all. Congratulations to you!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jul-20-11, 09:26

Stats: 248/243/180 Female 5 ft 9 in
BF:
Progress: 7%

I LOVE IT! I especially love how your stance gets sassier and sassier as you lose more and more!

Congrats!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jul-21-11, 04:26
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

Why thank you for including my recipe site in your list of favs. I makes maintaining that site ever so much more worthwhile to hear this from folks.

And you've just done an amazing job with your weight loss. It truly IS a brand new you! My heartfelt congratulations!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jul-21-11, 17:29

Stats: 218/148/145 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

You look fantastic. Congratulations!!
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jul-30-11, 11:46

Plan: Atkins-Phase 2 OWL
Stats: 230/172.2/140 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 64%

Thank you so much everyone I am adding what I just wrote in my journal, here as well. Bc I don't want to lose site of what I have committed myself to, and want to hold myself accountable!!

Quote:
So I am ready to recommit fully to the choice I made a year ago. I have done some soul searching lately, and have come to the conclusion that maintenance does not mean what I thought it was going to mean.

When I first started this WOL, I had the mind set that when I got to goal, I would be able to 'enjoy' all of the things I was going without for so long, as long as it was in moderation.

Well, I have done that for about the last 3 months, and what did I learn?

1.. It opens too many doors to eat off plan.
2.. I am lazy, and unmotivated when I am not eating 100% on plan.
3.. It is just setting myself up for failure in the long run, and (I don't really see it going this far, but it is entirely possible) possibly ending up right back where I was before.
4.. I eat WAY more, in quantity when I am allowing myself this here, or that there... I am hungry far more often.

I got sick at the beginning of this week (well Saturday night to be exact is when it started.) So what did I do? I ate what I felt like I wanted for 3 days, which consisted of, canned tomato soup, saltine crackers, grilled cheeses, and any kind of bread and pasta I could get my hands on. As a result, I was up to 150 lbs (been here b4 while practicing maintenance, so not that big of a deal BUT)... the big deal to me comes in now... I decided after Tuesday that I had had enough. Wednesday morning I felt like I was back to my old self (eating wise, strength, and willpower.. not to mention feeling better sick wise as well), and since then I have at 100% on plan, not drank a drop of alcohol, and as a result??
1.. I am back down to 143 this morning!
2.. I am much more content and not thinking about food 24/7
3.. I FEEL better, mind body and soul... my energy has returned, and everything is clear once again.

I don't regret anything I have done over the last 3 months, I only look at it as part of this journey. I have proved to myself, once again, that I am meant to eat this way, and there is absolutely no excuse not to, under any circumstances!

I had a successful day away from home yesterday with the family (which has been a problem for me this summer, grabbing chips, or eating a sandwich.. all for the purpose of convenience) and I am that much more empowered bc of it!!

The biggest part for me is that I am not no where near as hungry as I have been for months... My appetite is where it should be, and I am much happier this way as a result.

The number on the scale now means nothing to me! I am so thankful to finally be in a place with my journey, that I am truly comfortable. Comfortable with the progress I have made, comfortable with who I am and who I have become, comfortable with my life, and comfortable with my choices.

I hope to never lose site of what is best for me again! It is so refreshing to have the willpower and control again to be able to say no thanks, or not even take just one bite!

This is where I belong, and is where I want to stay for the rest of my life! (any more subsequent weight loss as a result, will just be an added bonus ) lol

I can't wait for school to start for the kids, so I can get back in my grove again and start the shred!

Here is to year 2 of my journey being even better than the 1st!!!
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Aug-04-11, 12:18

Stats: 240/220/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 22%

You don't even look like the same woman - what a transformation! Thank you for sharing all this information. I haven't read the book and I probably should, but your comments have filled in some of the gaps of why things aren't working for me.

Great job, and great post. It was a pleasure to read
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Aug-04-11, 12:32

Plan: HF Atkins paleo
Stats: 230/144/150 Female 63 inches
BF:less/than/before
Progress: 108%

What you learned about maintenance is classic material that I think we all need to learn at some point -- especially the part of carbs in moderation not being a good, long-term plan for many of us. Thank you for adding that.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Aug-09-11, 10:09

Stats: 218/181/130 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 42%

Wow! You are one impressive lady!!! You are really an inspiration! I started Atkins yesterday. I have done it a few times in the past....always lost about 20lbs and then 'did it on my own' and inevitably gained it all (and then some) back!! I am in a 20-22 and weigh 213.6. I am committed to doing it right this time. I have always loved the way Atkins has made me feel so I am really hoping to follow through this time and stick with it! You are really such an inspiration to me!!! I will be looking at your photos daily!
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Aug-11-11, 05:49

Stats: 260/243/200 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 28%

Love you girl! I've been reading through your journal, it's just so encouraging and motivational. I love seeing how you have past through each test and come out on top. Seeing how confident, strong and resilient Atkins has made you is definitely lighting a fire for me. Thank you and best of luck!!!!
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Aug-11-11, 23:03

Stats: 276/276/180 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 0%

you look amazing!
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Jun-04-12, 02:55

Stats: 226/215/180 Male 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 24%

Thank you for posting your success story and all the helpful observations. As you point out: The amazing thing about the Atkins diet is the way food cravings disappear....I am loving this. Before I used to despair, knowing I needed to lose wait but unable to overcome hunger. I can now!
  #16   ^
Old Sat, Jun-30-12, 23:45

Plan: south beach
Stats: 139/134/124 Female 62
BF:
Progress:

Thanks for posting...what about alcohol?
Sponsored Links