Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 12:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 367/225/175
BF:
Progress: 74%
Thumbs down I'm full....HELP!

Okay everyone, I thank you in advance for your replies.

Everyone here is so great!!

The jist of it is...I'm full. I brought for lunch a salad made of spinach, grilled chicken & shrooms. With Ranch and Bacon dressing. I also brought some Tuna with celery & mayo.

I have had about three bites of salad and 5 spoonfuls fo Tuna and am STUFFED!!

At this rate I will NEVER get the carbs and calories I need. GRRR!!

I mean I ate breakfast at 8:30-9:00, took me forever to eat all that too. I had eggs and bacon.

What the heck ids going on? I never have trouble eating!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 13:53

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

You could try eating frequent small meals instead? Apparently it keeps your metabolism up too!

Robert
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 14:03
Registered Member

Stats: 275/241/140
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Same boat too

Hi I feel the same way too alot. I am in week 3 of induction. At the start of week 2 I lost my appetite. Sometimes I am only able to eat half a meal or less. When I posted about this same subject someone replied it is a benefit of being in ketosis. That is great but at the same time we have to eat to keep the ketosis thing going. I know most days I consume maybe between 1200-1300 cal but there have been days where I know I was under 1000. I worry that I am not eating enough, but at the same time I am not going to eat myself sick. I just take it as it goes. Also I get full from drinking all that water, leaving little room for food. Sorry I have no concrete answer to help. But know your not alone in this full feeling. Ellen
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 14:11

BF:
Thumbs up

Robert thank you for the suggestion.

Ellen- I am glad that I am not alone. I swear induction was not this hard the first time around. I should have never went to another stage LOL.

As soon as I figure out how to fine tune induction for me, I'll be in the clear. Er should I say in the pink?? LOL.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 14:11

Stats: 227/201/197 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 87%

If you are worried about dropping metabolism from lack of calories due to lack of appetite, you can try to eat a bit more lean meats, like fish our poultry.

I find that if I eat more variegated meals it leaves me feeling more full for a longer period of time.

So if you can keep some meat snacks around and eat nothing else with it but that one item.

For example, heat up some turkey with some seasoning or top with some crumbled cheese and munch it down.

I find if I do that, I am actually still hungry afterwards, but if I fatten it up with olive oil or add bacon, then I am full and feel somewhat apathetic for awhile.

Lighter fats, like olive oil tend to rebound my appetite a little bit quicker, than say a fatty steak.

Tom C

Last edited by TomC : Fri, Feb-21-03 at 14:13.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 23:20

Stats: 221.8/221.8/155 Female 5’7”
BF:
Progress: 0%

I'm finding that I'm having a difficult time getting my 20 carbs in while staying within the induction guidelines of what to eat. I usually end the day right around 15 carbs. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Cait
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 23:24

BF:

Sorry Chy,

I'm no good for that.

I just realized I never subtracted my fiber from my daily carb count so I am getting about 10 carbs a day. No wonder the scale is not budging.

I feel extra full all of the time. I am trying to incorporate more fat into my diet...and more veggies.

What are you missing out on? Lots of veggies will put you right up there. Make sure you have veggies with dinner. Make a stir fry, that will get you right up there.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 01:45

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

If you want extra carbs these should really come from extra salad and veggies. However, cream and milk are a quick fix. A mug of milk will give you about 8 grammes of carbs. Milk or cream in your coffee or tea would also knock the figures up 9as would eating more cheese).

With regard to calories, olive oil and vinegar on your salads would put these up.

Robert.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 02:20
Don't Call Me Sugar

Stats: 293/287/230 Female 65 inches
BF: :^( :^| :^)
Progress: 10%

Once you're done with the 2 weeks of induction, add some berries - and try having them in the morning, with cream, or after having some eggs. You don't want to spike your insulin, but having some carbs like that in the morning seems to help my appetite along.

A lot of people on the site say you have to make sure to eat enough, but I'm sure they'd all agree that you shouldn't force yourself to eat or overstuff yourself.
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 07:03

Stats: 250/202/145
BF:
Progress: 46%

If you find that you are not getting enough calories or carbs, you may want to try some nuts. Lots of fat and calories and a couple of carbs. You can snack on them through out the day. Just be careful though. They can become habbit forming!
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Feb-22-03, 07:22

Plan: Bernstein/Atkins
Stats: 210/180/125
BF:
Progress: 35%

I have days where I'm like that too. I just 'go with the flow' and eat a few bites until I get the I'm Full signal. I don't try to eat past it as that's what got me too fat in the first place. Then an hour or two later I'll have another couple of bites and so on. It'll even itself out. You may have, in a day or two, a feeling like you can't get enough--that's ok, do that too. It'll settle down after a while.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 15:16

Stats: 221.8/221.8/155 Female 5’7”
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Thanks

Thanks everyone for all your suggestions. I'm in my second week of induction and have been trying very hard to stay within the paramaters of the amounts I should be eating, but I just might start adding more than the recommended amount of veggies because that will increase my carb count and get it closer to 20. I can't wait until I can have nuts and berries! I'm so glad that I will be able to move past induction by the time those summer berries are ripe! I'll just have to learn to cut down on the amounts I used to have. I'm a little bummed that I might not be able to have fresh peaches. We used to go up to the orchards and by boxes of peaches. I'd have them every morning with yogurt and granola. Same with raspberries. Maybe I could try cream and soy nuts? Has anyone ever done that?

-Cait