Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 09:50

Plan: Modified SB...switched from Atkins
Stats: 150/145/125
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Day 2 of the fat fast

Hi Koko, milmndude....everyone.

Ive been sharing the same frustrations and started a fat fast yesterday and I am down 2 pounds today.

Great post Ophelia...Im hoping that I break the same psychological barrier ...and I even said to myself that induction should be smooth sailing after this fat fast. I really identified with what you said...congrats on those 8.6 pounds.

I've been doing Atkins for a lil over 2 weeks now...did induction perfectly for the first 10 days...then slipped over my carb allotment by venturing out too soon with some of the wonderful recipes on this site grrrrr ~ me. (had two days at 25 carbs) I lost 6 pounds then gained 3 of them back, and have been stalled for a week. I know that this is being impatient and my stall is small compared to those plateaued for weeks on end, but I have been stuck at this 147-150 range for months (on low-fat, low-calorie and exercising 1000+ minutes a month for the last 3 months straight.)

I really need to see the scale move under 145 again to break my "psychological barrier" I need to see some new lower permanent numbers.

I plan on staying on the FF for 5 days, going on Induction for 10, cycle back on FF for another 5 days, Induction for 10...and then go on to OWL.

Wish me luck and I will all of you that are doing the FF. Good luck on your first day milmndude(military minnesota dude? just taking a stab, milm n dude? lol)...hope you get results.

BB

Last edited by butrf1yb1u : Fri, Feb-21-03 at 09:57.