Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 05:39
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Unhappy Fitday

I am having so many problems working with Fitday. I can't find things and I'm a clutz around the site. Anyone else having problems?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 05:57
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

What can't you find? There are lots of things I eat, that I had to enter as custom foods-because they aren't in the database.

If you give me an idea of your problem, I might be able to help.

Paleoanth
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 11:37
Everyday Sane Psycho

Question Hi again

Does every brand name have to be custom made and does Fit day remember them or do you have to reenter them each day?
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 11:43
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Hi,

I type in all my brand things, like salad dressings, cheese, in fact anything that has nutritional info on the label, as a custom item. You do not have to type them in as custom each day as long as you save them as new custom item , then when you need to enter it look through your list of custom items. If it does not show on the list, you have to then go to the option of show all custom items but I have found that since I basically use the same dressings and products all the time its not really a problem for me. Of course I'm still on induction so I don't have that many choices available There's been times though it would be understandable to believe I was moving my kitchen to my computer room as the keyboard was surrounded by bottles of salad dressing, and packages of cold cuts and cream cheese

Last edited by KoKo : Wed, Feb-19-03 at 11:45.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 15:03

Plan: Dr. R. Atkins
Stats: 325/?????/170
BF:
Progress: 23%

Hi

This is the reason when I use Fitday, I usually enter the "food" part, ie. meats, cheese, veggies and leave myself enough
room for the carb count of dressing and stuff. I allow myself maybe 5 carbs for a cushion of sorts.

I too, have been intimadated by "custom" foods, and wanted to try it, but felt like a dummie and stayed away. But after KoKo explained it, I might try it again.

Thanks for asking this question.

ATM
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 15:27
Slothy Superhero

Ko Ko Is right-

Many of the brand names I have had to enter as a custom food-there are some in the database though-Try looking up the brand name like "Kraft" in the search box. They even have some Morningstar Farms products in their databse!

The cool thing is, once you save your custom food-it is available to you anywhere-even when you are away from home.

Paleoanth
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 19:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/188/150 Female 66
BF:39
Progress: 16%

I have a question. I tried entering the SF jello, and a SF chocolate that I had as custom foods. It wouldn't let me enter them because it said that they should have more calories than they actually do. I didn't know if I should up the calories (and not worry, knowing that all that matters is getting the carb count right), or if there was a way to trick it into accepting this.

Anyone else experience this problem?
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 20:11

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

If you go into fitday and under "add recent" and click "ALL RECENT FOODS" you can check off all the foods you eat regularly, it saves time! Like for instance every day I have coffee with cream and splenda, I go select all three and hit "add checked foods".
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 04:34
Slothy Superhero

Quote:
Originally posted by meigg
I have a question. I tried entering the SF jello, and a SF chocolate that I had as custom foods. It wouldn't let me enter them because it said that they should have more calories than they actually do. I didn't know if I should up the calories (and not worry, knowing that all that matters is getting the carb count right), or if there was a way to trick it into accepting this.

Anyone else experience this problem?

Fitday uses fat/carbs/fiber et al to calculate expected numbers of calories. Did you enter ALL the information from the package? Also, even though something says it has 0 carbs, that could mean anything up to .8 or .9 carbs. try adding a fraction of a carb and see if that helps.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 11:15
Everyday Sane Psycho

Smile Wow

Thank you for answering all these questions everyone. Fitday intimidated me for over a year and due to that fact I can't answer the question of my %s of Protein, Carbs, and Fat. I'm very curious to know. Can you get Custom Foods with Catagores? Meaning if I searching for Oscar Myer Bacon, can I select meats and get that as an option?
I keep losing custom foods I typed in, is there a reason for this or am I just not saving it right?
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 11:26
Slothy Superhero

Default Re: Wow

Quote:
Originally posted by Lessara
Thank you for answering all these questions everyone. Fitday intimidated me for over a year and due to that fact I can't answer the question of my %s of Protein, Carbs, and Fat. I'm very curious to know. Can you get Custom Foods with Catagores? Meaning if I searching for Oscar Myer Bacon, can I select meats and get that as an option?
I keep losing custom foods I typed in, is there a reason for this or am I just not saving it right?

I don't think you can save your custom food in a category-that would be a good idea though! BUT, when you do save your food it is always available under the custom food tab. Just click on the down arrow next to "New Custom Food" on the main food page and you should see a list of everything you have saved.

The save Custom foods button is at the TOP of the page where you enter your custom nutrition information. So, when you get done entering all the stuff, scroll back up and hit SAVE CUSTOM FOOD.

I hope this helps-if not, maybe I can take some screen shots