Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Mar-23-11, 11:48
Registered Member

Plan: Thompson Low Gly. Load
Stats: 344/318/200 Male 71.5
BF:
Progress: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by purcy55
Wow, that is so interesting, thanks for sharing. I was wondering if I might be having very low glucose in the middle of the night becuase I was eating very low carb. When I had my blood test I had not eaten for almost 18 hrs and my glucose was 112. I thought that was high for fasting but the doctor said I may have just released some glucose from my liver. My naturopath said I was low on estrogen and testosterone but I am going to check to see if he does the saliva testing for hormones, I'd like to get an actual level on these. Thank you again and I hope you feel great soon. You give me hope.

Even before I got my Testosterone replacement (and my E3 was high then, being fat and male, it means the opposite of your problem!) the Low carb sorted the problem, almost overnight! Although I wonder what would have happened if I had sorted my adrenals first!
(I have reactive Hypoglycaemia, so once I was not over-stimulating Insulin production by missing out the carbs, my blood glucose level improved dramatically)

I had wondered WHY I wasn't having hypoglycaemia overnight after eating carbs, when during the day I would be dreadful low say 3 hours after eating... overnight it seems other mechanisms were kicking in when blood glucose got VERY low, but they were pretty scary!... a nightmare without any nightmare happening.