Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 16:03
Pending Member

Plan: n/a
Stats: 134.5/120.5/118
BF:
Progress: 85%
Default Those with little to lose...

Anyone out there with close a little more or less than 10 punds to lose?

If so, you guys want to post here some?

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 21:01
Registered Member

Plan: Zone/Atkins
Stats: 138/130/125
BF:?/20%/?
Progress: 62%

I will be so happy with 6 more lbs. I've been dealing with these pounds for as long as I can remember! -- years. It's just as hard for us to lose 5-10# as it is for somebody to lose 150. In fact, I think it's worse because we can look in the mirror and think, "I'm not too bad......I'll give in to my cravings today and maybe start again tomorrow." I've been low-carbing since April last year. I got down to what I wanted to be and then gained it back over a couple months. This time, my husband is doing it with me and we've made the commitment to change our habits forever...together. I think I'll do it this time! Let me know how it goes for you!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 07:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156.8/136/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 95%

I started my lc 3 1/2 weeks ago. The first week I lost 6 and then the second week I lost 2 1/2. I quit the induction, and the first week on owl I didn't lose anything. I didn't cheat once, Although I did consume alcohol two different times.

I started weighing 156.8, and last Sunday I weighed 147 1/2.

I only want to go down to 140, and I would be very happy. I am wondering how long it will take to lose these last few pounds.

How does one know when to move on to the next step, pre-maintenance?

I figured since I didn't lose anything on owl, I should stay here awhile. It has been an easy diet to stay on. The first two weeks, I had no energy at all. I tried going to my step class, and could barely move. I quit going during that time,and just walked at home. The third week I noticed much improved energy. I now go to step class again, and am really enjoying it.

I haven't been 140 since my last child was born which was 15 years ago. Looking forward to getting there.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 08:25

Plan: LC/BFL
Stats: 160/159/145
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default I would be tickle pink at 145

I have been fighting the last 10-15 pounds for months!

I lost over 50 pounds on this WOE about 4 years ago...keep most of it off. I got down to about 146.that was my lowest. But I stopped working out and slipped from LC. Over the past 6 months my weight went up to 160. Since the beginning of the year, I have dropped 4-5 pounds and gained those back.
I have my goal set for 140, but I would happy at 150..and thrilled at 145.

I feel the key to my success is working out, gaining muscle mass back (whihc adds weight) then once I have some muscle back, then I will be able to burn fat better.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 09:02

Plan: protein power
Stats: 133/???/112 Female 164cm
BF:size 10/ 8 /(6/4)
Progress: 0%

hey everyone
i havn't got mcuh 2 lose either and its so frustrating coz it seems so slow. however as i get a bit freaked by the whole weighing thing (bad memories of being in an eating disorders clinic) i am sticking to how my clothes are fitting as an indication. maybe its just my imagination but man these trousers seem 2 be getting looser after only 4 days.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 09:38

Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

I have a lot to lose but I just wanted to say congratulations to those of you who have just a few pounds to go. I know people on the forum who have really struggled with those last few pounds. It is slow at the end so it takes so much determination to FINISH it. You might want to check out Sheilarayes journal. She is just three pounds from her goal weight - down from 225. She really is determined to get it off! I admire her stick to itness.

Someday I am going to be where you guys are.......and then I am really going to want some advice on how you finally got there!

Cindi
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Feb-19-03, 09:51

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

First of all... Junebug change your stats! Let us all celebrate your success with you.

I am on average about 10 pounds from "goal weight" although, by the movement on the old scale (or lack thereof) I'm wondering if it's not really the best number for my body. So I am concentrating on working out, building muscle, tonin' up.

It definitely is harder to work on these last few pounds because I look pretty decent but know I could be in better shape and carry less body fat.

You all should come join our chat at 10 pounds to go in the buddies forum. Everyone's in pretty much the same boat.

Good luck to all!

Angela
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 05:04
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 176.4/159/130
BF:41%/36.4%/?
Progress: 38%
Default actually made me feel bad

Hi,
actually I felt bad, I posted something about feeling like it was going slow and someone said - with so little to go don't feel bad or something- actually it made me feel worse!

for me that "little" is what pulls me (and my self esteem) to the bottom. whats little to you is big to me. its about how we feel right?

I'm the heaviest I've ever been - I moved abroad and put on 15 kilos (>30 lbs.) I started atkins at 80 kilos (176 lbs) , for someone 5'1", size 16 with a closet full of size 12 clothes. urg. My short term goal is to loose 10 kilos before going on a big ski vacation (so down to 154 lbs).

My next goal is for a trip to florida in end April: 145 lbs

and my overall goal (long term, don't know how long it will take me but willing to invest in a lifestyle change) is to get back in the healthy range (bmi) and what the dr recommends and where I ONCE was and felt great! (130 lbs) That for me is a size 8 which I think is reasonable for my height. So overall thats a 46 lb weight loss goal and I think that is BIG!

I like this forum and all the positive encouragement, keep it coming!
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 06:12

BF:
Default A ound is still a pound

It doesn't matter where you start...150...250 or 350+ losing weight is important to us. That is why we are here. so if you only have 10 pounds to lose...those 10 pounds mean the exact same thing as 100 pounds to another person.

The closer you get to your goal, the harder it is. You see less progress, and alot of discouraging moments. When the scale is moving down at a fast pace...it keeps you going. But when it take 3 months to lose one pound...very frustrating.

I know! Because that is where I am at right now. I am back up to 160...I want to be 145! or at least below 150. I was 150 at this time last year. So I have my work cut out for me.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 06:21
Registered Member

Plan: Shoogadownsizing!
Stats: 205/145/150 Female 5'4"
BF:F/C/C
Progress: 109%

Okay, Those of us who don't have that much left to reach goal do really have to struggle for every ounce. However, the upside to this is that when we do finally drop a pound, it is MUCH more noticeable than that first pound we dropped was!
asugar
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 08:45
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 176.4/159/130
BF:41%/36.4%/?
Progress: 38%
Default go girrrrl

Kelly, you go girl! You look fab in that dress and you are so positive and inspiring. keep us posted!
nix
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Feb-20-03, 09:17
Pending Member

BF:
Default Hi everyone!

LOL Mom - I agree, its is much harder to get those last few pounds off. How long di it take you to get down to where you wanted to be. My husband is doing this with me as well. He is more of a "play by the rules" guy. I want to find the loopholes and just do enough to get by. Guess that's why I still have this weight to get off and he has consistently lost! LOL!

JuneBug61 - OWL scares me. I'm afraid that I can't add carbs back in and control myself. I am just in induction, its my 12th day. I've lost 5.5 pounds. So far I've been alcohol free but last night I can tell ya, if there had been something to drink in my house I would have consumed it all! Haven't lot my craving there! I have no idea how to know when to move on.

Hi everyone. I am so glad there has been such good response here to this thread. A few responses...

Kelly - I know what you mean, I have been fighting these last few pounds forever too! Working out does help me some too. I need to get back to the gym bad! The hardest part about going to the gym for me is actually getting there. The working out part I enjoy!

Loopygem - funny name! from the united kingdom! WOW!!! I personally prefer measuring myself more than weighing. I could care less what I weigh really as long as I can fit into my clothes more comfortably. Glad to have you.

Cindi - thanks for posting here. It does take a lot to do this, but I'm not sure that you are right, I think it takes more to just do it, no matter how much or little you have to lose. Thanks for sharing the journal. I'll check it out. when you get to "where we are" I may still be here trying to get these last few pounds off! LOL! No really!!!

Angela - thanks for the link. Muscle is heavier than fat so maybe you are at your ideal body weight. I have no idea how to determine that though. I'll check out the chat too. sounds fun.

Nix - Europe - we have quite a few people here from all over the world. I love that!!! My husband and I are planning a trip to Europe this fall. we are flying into London (cheaper from the states) and really have no set plans yet of where we are going from there. we will be there 7 days. I know what you mean about the "little" part. I have been trying to lose this weight for so long that its hard. I just want to scream that I want it all off and gone once and for all and that I am tired of dealing with this. I KNOW you can do this, its just a one day at a time thing. just a FYI, I started out with 50 pounds to lose and I can say honestly, these last 10 pounds are no easier than the first 10 pounds. But I know you can do it, and taking it step by step, and small goals at a time is the best way. Stick around! you can do this - I know you can!

Kelly - AMEN!!! to your post. Just keep looking forward and don't look back. This is where you are today.

asugar - ....and worth celebrating! YEAH!!!!!! Every pound is worth it! I lift my glass (of water) to ya!

Bye everyone - I'll be around a bunch so keep postin'.

tena

Last edited by bomen1948 : Thu, Feb-20-03 at 09:27.
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 14:02
Pending Member

BF:
Default A MOVE!!!

Hi everyone.

I just wanted to post a .5 pound lost. The scales moved from 129 to 128.5 this morning. i was thrilled with this because they have said 129.5-129 for 5 days now! I'll take whatever I can get!

tena
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 14:12

BF:

tena,
One step closer to your goal! I am so happy for you! Keep the spirit! You will get there!
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Feb-21-03, 15:05
Registered Member

Stats: 144/133/125
BF:
Progress: 58%
Smile Hello, Everyone!

I'm happy to say that I have finally reached the "under 10 lbs. to go" phase

Today was a BIG day for me - I started Atkins on 1/20/03, and lost 7 lbs. in the first 10 days. But from that point on until today I hadn't lost an ounce! But today, I'm down 2 lbs.!! That loss was a huge boost to my determination to get rid of these last 9 lbs.

I agree with all who have written about how slow the losses are when you have a fairly small amount of weight to lose. I also agree that when we do lose some, it really shows! I have been doing more measuring and less weighing to determine my progress, but it still feels good to see the scales go down

My sweetheart, who is also trying to lose weight, brought up a good point. If we lose the weight slowly, we will have a better chance to keep it off permanently. I like that thought.

I'll be here, cheering you all on to your goals!! I know we will do this together!

Have a wonderful LC day