Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-20-02, 19:45

Plan: CAD
Stats: 244/226.5/140
BF:
Progress: 17%
Post Coral Calcium

Grandma was inquiring about coral calcium, when I mentioned it in her thread. I decided to put it into it's own thread, just in case other people want info. too.

There really is no "affordable" coral calcium, because unfortunately, the Japanese know what they are selling is incredible. The difference is that the low grade is the kind that has been in the reefs for thousands of years, so the waves and time have knocked most of the nutrients out. High grade is new and full of not just calcium, but magnesium and a few other great vitamins. A lot of sellers will put low grade coral calcium at high grade cost. You have to be careful or you will get ripped off. One good way to find out if it is truly high grade, is to see the magnesium content. If it is minimal.. like 1% or around there, it is DEFINITELY low grade. High grade is more around 35-45% magnesium. Always check the nutrional value before you buy.

I buy mine from either Dr. Barefoot's site itself (he is the main promoter, and it is quality grade.. very reputable) and I also get some in the powder form from Blue Mountain Herbs. I also take MSM, so that is the only reason how I know Blue Mountain Herbs sells it. The powder is nice to sprinkle on foods, and also to mix into drinks.

The more you buy, the cheaper it is (bulk).

My entire family has seen INCREDIBLE results, so even though it can be expensive, it is the best investment for your health you can spend on.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Dec-21-02, 07:08
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

I don't understand what benefits it has over just regular ol' calcium/magnesium supplements! Did your family try those first? It could be that the benefits they are experiencing are just simply from getting more calcium in their diet.

Personally, I think the whole coral calcium thing is highly suspect.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Dec-21-02, 18:06

BF:

Yes, we all took regular calcium supplements. My father and I even took the highest daily recommended limits.

I can understand the suspicions... I too had them, they sounded WAY too good to be true. Plus, it is just one little doctor promoting it, so if it was that miraculous, why wouldn't more doctors be involved?

But after trying it, it truly is miraculous. My close friend has breast cancer,and since she's been taking coral calcium, her doctor has been astounded at her recoup rate. Her hair is growing back leaps and bounds... it is amazing.

Your DNA is wrapped in calcium.. when you are defficient *which 80% of the population are* your DNA lies dormant. When it has an abundance of calcium, however, it replicates and repairs your body. So degenerative diseases can be regenerated, eyesight can be improved, so on and so forth. It really does sound incredibly suspicious, but we have 3 fitness centers here in my town selling it religiously to their customers, because almost EVERYONE that has taken it regularly has experienced awesome effects.

So if I were to count everyone who has seen massive benefits from it.... it'd be around 100 or so.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Dec-24-02, 12:32

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Question Hi Cassie

this is a very interesting topic to me. I have felt for some time now that I should be taking calcium of some sort as I get very little in my diet. I have never heard of coral calcium before.

Can you tell me more about what sort of benefits your family has noticed from this type of calcium?
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Dec-27-02, 19:55

BF:

Here is the website for a lot of info. on coral calcium and the benefits of it. Even the New York Times considers it a "superstar" of nutrients out there.

http://www.coralsupreme.com/store/tier_story.asp

Just navigate around to learn more.

Anyways, after taking coral calcium for about a month, my dad can read better without his bifocals than with them. Of course, his poor eyesight is not "cured" but has obviously been regenerating new cells and what not, because it has significantly improved.

I do not think the near-sightedness could be fixed by anything other than laser surgery, because it is a problem with the eye itself. The reading problems were degenerative, something that most people climbing into their 50's experience. Since your DNA is wrapped in calcium, the only way for it to regenerate and repair your body, is if their is an abundance of calcium for it to work with.

One of our close family friends has breast cancer. Since we know that cancer is a degenerative disease, we suggested coral calcium. She started taking it and it is almost like we are looking at her in rewind. Her hair is growing back in leaps and bounds and her doctors are nothing short of amazed. Believe me, we are sooo happy to have found this, and I know I personally am somewhat shocked that the rest of the world does not really know about this.

The reason, I'm guessing here, is because doctors and insurance companies would recieve no financial gain if they backed vitamins and nutrients. Hehehe, it is a "conspiracy theory" of mine, but honestly, I cannot see any other reason why not.

Oh, and the eyesight thing was just a bigger benefit he's seen. Also better sleep at night, more energy, lift of depression and such, less arthritis... goodness, lol, I could list them all. My dad is in pretty bad shape, if you couldn't guess, but he is basically seeing a renewal of life. It is weird.

Me personally? My metabolism has boosted back up quite a bit, but I am young and can't expect to see huge improvements since I don't have anything degenerative really.

Anyways, if you want more info. I can give you TONS of great links and articles about it. Lol, I have done so much research on it myself, cause I just didn't understand how something so simple can improve so many things.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Feb-08-03, 23:19

Plan: Six week Body Makeover
Stats: 251.4/220.4/135 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

Thanks for the URL....I'll check it out! So, are you still on this wonder stuff? How much do you take each day?

Anybody else using coral calcium? What has it done for you?
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Feb-15-03, 18:51

Plan: LC/HF/MP
Stats: 248/220/180 Female 67in
BF:
Progress: 41%

Prevention magazine says that coral calcium is the same as calcium carbonate. I believe it because I spent $33. on a bottle at a health store and after it was gone I bought a bottle of calcium/magnesim/zinc and feel no different. That bottle was $6.50. Prevention said to beware of modern snake oil salesmen. They also said to beware of any one who claims a product can cure cancer. Buyer Beware.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Feb-16-03, 10:34

Plan: herbalife
Stats: 157/130/130 Female 61inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

I also read the same article, and I would have to get more
solid proof than that of the company trying to sell their product
to be convinced, although it would be great If all said about it is true.

Lana

Last edited by alicia50 : Mon, Feb-17-03 at 00:04.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Feb-16-03, 11:40

BF:

Well, my family is living proof for me.

My father has taken calcium supplements of all kinds before, and this coral calcium has truly been a great supplement thus far.

But believe what you like, I'm not trying to sell you anything! Lol, I get great benefits from it, and just wanted to share it with others.

Also, if you do your own research, you'll learn that your DNA is wrapped in calcium, so having an abundance of it allows your DNA to repair itself. Therefore degenerative diseases can be helped, if not cured.

The cancer this is about being alkaline vs. acidic. It has already been proven that the more acidic you are, the higher your chances are of getting a cancer of some sort.

But do your own research, and you can decide whether it is worth it or not. I know myself, my family and many others in my area are seeing phenomonal benefits.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Feb-23-03, 10:24

Plan: south beach (CAD)
Stats: 314/284/150 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:49
Progress: 18%
Cool Wrapped in calcium?

What do you mean when you say your DNA is wrapped in Calcium?

Donna
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 10:38
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 346/295/220 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Taking coral calcium

My wife saw Robert Barefoot's coral calcium infomercial (the one with just him and Kevin Trudeau) and was intrigued. She bought a marine grade (the high grade which is taken from the ocean floor instead of mined on land) of 100 pills (1,000 mg) for $20. She has taken it and reports she sleeps better. She recently went through a certain time of the month and reported no cramping (she typically has bad cramps).

I bought at a low grade bottle ($5.88 for bottle of 60 1,000 mg) and have experienced less pain in my left foot (it has been bothering me for about 2 months). I am sleeping pretty good. If there are other benefits, I am not cognizant.

However, I chose to go with the low grade because in Barefoot's first commercial he had the position that almost any calcium was good, however, the major benefit of the marine grade calcium was the addition of magnesium. Now on the second infomercial (with Barefoot, Trudeau and Debbie), Barefoot seems to be pushing the marine grade calcium.

At any rate, I am going to continue with the low grade and continue taking the magnesium. At this point, it is a more economical avenue for me.

Bobby