Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Feb-14-03, 13:16
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/170/140
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default Going out tonight... help!

We are going out to a restuarant tonight and I need some help on what would be appropriate for me to eat. I am on week 3. The menu is located here: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/m_food.asp

I would really really appreciate any help or suggestions! I am kinda nervous because this is a family style place and I will be with a group of people. Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-14-03, 13:21
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

I've been to one of these and they are great but beware because these are family portions and you may end up sharing stuff and that is hard.

Any of the salads are ok but caesar is best because of the dressing is lc.

Sides that are ok are: escarole or the green beans

Entrees are hard because they all have stuff that is carbage but I guess the chicken cacciatore is the best since it is just some sauce over very cooked chicken (not much sauce) but those potatoes are REAL hard to avoid.

Italian is hard!

Have a great time and if you slip - just get right back on.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-14-03, 13:28
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/152/120 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 29%

Hi
I've been to buca's its awesome.

get a ceasar salad, it is sooo good and garliky dont eat the bread.

the escarole, green beans, sausage, are good for sides. They are sauteed with olive oil.

For main I love the veal marsala... but I dont remember if it is breaded.. you need to ask.

Good luck!!

Have fun
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-14-03, 13:30

Plan: Atkins / Curves
Stats: 182.0/182.0/150 Female 5'6"
BF:27.2
Progress: 0%

My mouth is watering, sounds wonderful. I'd stick to the meat dishes, no potatoes of course and veggies - caesar salad (either ask for no crutons or don't eat them) - I'm sure at that restaurant the dressing is made from scratch so it's okay to eat. The mixed green salad with meat and cheese looks great too - when I started out, I ate Veal marsala and mushrooms and it didn't have a negative effect on me. Think that's what I'll order tonight!

Have fun.

Vikki
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Feb-14-03, 13:30
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks for the help so far!!!!

I wonder if the Eggplant Parmigiana would be ok too??????
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Feb-14-03, 13:41

Stats: 367/225/175
BF:
Progress: 74%

Ask if the chicken/veal is breaded, then ask if they can make it with medallions and not cutlets.

They usally are cook to order so you can adjust your meal.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Feb-14-03, 18:01
Cat Sofa

Plan: PP/Atkins
Stats: 1/1/51 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Pretty much what everyone else said . The green salad is great (they dress it very lightly with oil and vinegar. Actually, the last two times we had it, there was no dressing at all, and it was still pretty good.) If you're hungry and suspicious of the entrees, go for the green salad with meat. The grande tomato salad with meat could also be a reasonable choice if you don't go too overboard on the tomatoes. Likewise the caprese with mozzarella. (My book says a thick slice of a large tomato is one gram, a whole medium tomato is 4.4, and a whole large is 6.4. All counts are minus fiber.)

Chicken with lemon or chicken parmigiana might be good choices. Ask about breading and sauce. Veal parmigiana may also be good. If they aren't, you could go for a side order of italian sausage, and the roasted peppers. Or try the mussels marinara. (It's tomato again, but you could do a lot worse than tomatoes!) The escarole and the green beans would also be good choices.

So basically, choose a salad, a veggie side dish or two, and a meat entree (or those sausages) . . . and enjoy. With the portions they serve there, you won't have room for tiramisu!!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Feb-15-03, 14:42
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks for all the help everyone! I stuffed myself on two different salads, a chicken dish, sausage and veal. There were some tomatoes with the veal but nothing big. I was so proud of myself that I stayed away from the pasta, bread and potatoes!!!!