Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-12-03, 17:05

Plan: low carb
Stats: 136.6/129.4/119 Female 4 11
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default Russel Stover sf chocolates

I just found these at the grocery store but i was unsure whether or not they were "allowed." they do have malitol in them but what confused me is that they don't say anything about the "net carbs" like the other sf chocolates do. also there was no mention of sucrolose which the other chocolates (atkins, carbolite, etc.) mention.

Lisa
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-12-03, 17:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/202/145
BF:
Progress: 46%

Lisa,

I have had them before and I think they taste great. I like the milk chocolate truffles. I usually count every 5 g of maltitol as 1 g. That works for me. But if you have a problem with sugar alcohols, you may want to count them as more or not eat them at all.

The serving size for the truffles (if I remember right) is three. However, I will not eat more than 2 a day. 2 reasons- 1. the laxitive effect and 2. though I haven't had a real problem with sugar alcohols, I want to get most of my carbs from the good stuff. But hey, that is just me.

I will admit, if I am really wanting chocolate not just something that is chocolate flavored, this is the way to go! YUM!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-12-03, 18:06

Stats: 177.5/148/135 Female 5'4"
BF:30.8%/25.2/20%
Progress: 69%
Question Atkins Endulge?

Has anyone had the Atkins Endulge bars or their chocolate candy? I am thinking of trying them.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-12-03, 18:12

Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

I love those Atkin's Endulge chocolate bars. They taste like the real thing to me. Guess I have been low-carbing for so long that they taste like regular candy to me now. However, I only eat one a week because I am also confused about all this malitol, counting the carbs, etc. They are $2 apiece so I just get one when I do the weekly shopping. I don't know about the other types mentioned in these posts. They sound pretty good too. I think anything that helps us stay low-carbing is a good thing, but it's just about moderation in all things. Cindi
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-13-03, 00:09
Registered Member

Stats: 310/226/175
BF:
Progress: 62%

We went to a Russel Stover Outlet store 2 weeks ago ..We were so surprised at the different kinds they make we never see in the store..... They sure make some nice SF Valenitne boxes they have them at Walmart ......