Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Aug-16-10, 13:12

Plan: optimal
Stats: 157/147/145 Male 65
BF:
Progress:
Default chicken or egg?

Hi Sean, For a young guy, you are doing well with your research. On the treating the candida first there may be room for debate. Actually, what caused the candida to go out of control is a good question. Certainly poor diet choices contribute. But how about low stomach acid? How about metal toxicity?
Perhaps with the candida you would only get 33% absorption instead of let's say 80%....well, for someone who is suffering 33% is better than not.
I have never read where you should not take supplements with candida. I do think you have made the point though and there is validity.
Maybe we will get some others to chime in on this one.

One other point, there may be something slightly different in nature with thrush (white tongue coating) and candida. Candida certainly takes time to grow and it takes time to get rid of. Thrush on the other hand I have seen it in myself come and go very fast. And when I relate it to a "flare up", it is there. I believe my flare ups are immune system in nature so I want to try and do everything I can for that.
A question.....does you source say anything on the advantage of the sauna being far infrared vs near infrared?
God bless, Joe