Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-12-03, 13:44

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 348/321.5/150
BF:
Progress: 13%
Talking Newbie

Hi Guys ,
Started Atkins 12/30/02 and as of this morning am down 26.5 lbs....woohoo!! I posted a "get to know you" thread on the other forum but wanted to post here as well. I feel like I know a lot of you already from reading your success stories...it's such an inspiration. It'll be great being in a support group where we all have that triple digit number to lose, so I'm proud to be a part of the group. More importantly though I want to be part of the "Triple Digit Pounds Lost Club". Your stories are awesome...!!!

Shari
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-12-03, 15:06
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

Hi Shari,

Nice to meet you. I am glad you came and posted here. Congratulations on your success so far.

This is a great group -- we all try to cheer each other on. I've learned a lot from the other people here.

Think about starting a journal -- it's one of the ways we all keep up with each other -- visiting back and forth in the journals. It's also a good thing to have if you start having problems; other people can refer to your journal to see what you have been eating and doing.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-12-03, 15:17

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 264/136/146 Female 64inches
BF:
Progress: 108%

Welcome. I'm pretty new here too. It's a great place for sharing and support.

Congratulations on a great loss! That's really wonderful.

Deb
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-12-03, 16:43

Plan: Dr. R. Atkins
Stats: 325/?????/170
BF:
Progress: 23%

Welcome!!!

Your loss is great......................and keep up the great work.

I am returning to this WOL and look forward to "chatting" with you.

ATM
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-12-03, 19:49

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile Welcome to TDC

Hello GaGirl and welcome to the TDC!

I'm so happy that you're working the program and losing weight! It's really unlike all the low fat, low carb diets we've tried in the past, isn't it? In fact, as I sprayed a big glob of whipped cream into my mouth directly from the can a few nights ago, it struck me that it's really amazing that I've lost 116 pounds in a year eating this way. It's no wonder the "outside" world thinks it's a quack progam--at face value it does seem kinda stange. But it does work...

Anyhoo...welcome welcome and all that jazz. Let's all lose together!

Donald
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-12-03, 19:51

Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

Welcome!

You have a terrific loss! Welcome to the TDC. We have a lot of fun here and there is a lot of support. Keep up the great work and good to meet you! Cindi
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Feb-12-03, 20:11
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Shari,

I think I am replying to you in two different places. I just posted a reply to your question in the Newbies Introduction part of the forum saying that I have been low carbing for a little over 7 months.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Feb-12-03, 20:52

Stats: 348/321.5/150
BF:
Progress: 13%

Thanks Liz,
I hope I can do as well in 7 months. My short term goal is to be under 300 on my aniversary in April (even if it's 1 lb.). Does that sound doable..?

BTW..I've been "peeking" in your journal...hoping to get one started as soon as I have a minute extra.

Think I'm going to turn in now...5:30 a.m will be here before you know and the treadmill will be calling my name. Everyone keep your fingers crossed for me in the a.m. I have to go to the doctor for a blood pressure check. She put me on medication when I went for my check up in Jan. and has been monitoring it every 2 weeks. I'm so hoping it will be down in the morning...my goal is to come off the medication soon...!!

Nite all...happy low carb dreams...
Shari
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Feb-13-03, 00:16

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 298/265/145
BF:
Progress: 22%

Hi Ga Shari

Hope your appointment goes well - wanted to send a hello to another TDC'r who signed up today. You're definitely a positive addition!
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Feb-13-03, 01:09
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 155/155/155 Female 5'2"
BF:20
Progress: 9%
Default Hi Shari

Congrats on your weight loss - 25# is so much weight. Every 5# I gain or lose I can tell the difference. I'm new here too - look forward to getting to know everyone.

PattiK
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Feb-13-03, 05:21
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Hi Shari,

Good luck with the doctor's appointment. My blood pressure has been declining fairly rapidly with this way of eating and the weight loss, and I hope yours does the same. At my last doctor's appointment before I started Atkins they wanted to put me on blood pressure medication, but I held off and I've been able to bring it down on my own. It was 117/74 on Monday, a figure I am very proud of.

I don't know whether or not you can get below 300 pounds by April. It sounds fast to me, but everyone is different. Just don't set yourself up for too much disappointment if you fail. I think that it is preferable to be pleasantly surprised when you succeed. That's why I always set low, easily obtainable, goals for myself.