Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Feb-09-03, 13:51
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188.5/180.5/140
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Ultimate Lo Carb 2 bars

Has anyone tried Ultimate Lo Carb 2 bars? I tried one last night, it wasn't the greatest thing in the world, but helped with my chocolate craving a bit. However, this morning I got up and I had gained 1/2 pound, and went from dark purple on my ketostix to just a trace. Is it possible this bar almost knocked me out of ketosis? The bars have 3g carbs, 1g sugar. I've been losing steadily each day (1/2 pound to a pound), and today I gained. So I looked at my journal to see what I did differently - the only things were eating this bar, and having 2 hot dogs. Maybe it was the dogs??? I understand that I shouldn't get used to losing every day, but to gain?

Maybe I'm just being way too paranoid???
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-09-03, 14:41

Stats: 310/299/180
BF:
Progress: 8%

Way to paranoid! lol I have heard that the bars stall some people but you can't expect to lose every day.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Feb-09-03, 16:09

Stats: 233/228/150 Female 5'8"
BF:40.4%/39%
Progress: 6%
Default Dear Ms. Paranoid

Hi there,

I eat the bars too and I can tell you that I have still lost weight while eating them.

I have noticed that my keto strips test lighter in the morning than in the afternoon. It seems that I don't spill any ketones into my urine until after I have eaten some protein for the day.

As far as you gaining 1/2 a pound on the scale - my advice is DO NOT GET ON THE SCALE EVERY MORNING!!!!!!!! This is the absolute WORST thing that you can do. I can tell you this from my experiences -- I actually have my 16 year old son hide the scales from me during the week and he gets them out for me on Sundays. I know this sounds mental but I can get really obsessive about the scale -- sort of like you!

The MOST important thing about this WOL is that you FEEL GREAT! Your clothes will start to feel better as your body shape is going to change. I feel like I have lost more than 33 pounds as my body is changing so much.

I hope this helps -- please take my advice and don't weigh yourself every day. I have found that stopping myself from weighing every day has been the main reason that I have been successful this time around.

Good luck,

Cheers

Jennifer