Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 22:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins?
Stats: 198/198/170
BF:
Progress: 0%
Wink No Sugar Today! Feeling Dizzy

I haven't had sugar today. This morning I had four strips of bacon because I didn't have much time for anything else. I drank coffee with Half and Half and Splenda all day. I muched on Pork Grinds and had Bacon again for dinner. I also had some cheese and a nice peace of chicken. I even purchased the Atkin's shake mix for when I really get desperate. It was pretty good. Oh yes, and I had a Atkins shake in the can. It was great.
I may not have followed everything like I should, but I am getting closer to the LC way of LIFE! Yes, that's right, LIFE! I'm feeling a little dizzy from not having sugar. I guess that is good. It's probably like muscle pain the day after a work out.
By the way, what is the best way to stir up the Atkins powder shake. Should I use a blender or get one of those shakers? Also can I use it with Milk or Half and Half, or should I just use it with water?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 01:23

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

Hi Pudgyman,

It looks to me like you're not getting enough carbs in your diet - you should have 20g even on induction. Buy some pre cut salad from a supermarket and throw a big handfull of that on your plate along with the bacon!

If you're getting enough good carbs (veggies and salad) you shouldn't feel dizzy. I can't advice on the shakes as I can't buy them here. Cream diluted with water has less carbs than milk (which is a no no) by the way.

Good luck

Robert
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 06:58
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, under 30/day
Stats: 335/289/185
BF:
Progress: 31%

Drinking water may also help the dizziness. Are you taking your vitamin supplements?
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 13:02
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

EAT!!! Eat some more veggies, protein on top of your salads, fats...get your calories to where they should be, don't skimp...later you can worry about portions and exercise and all that...but remember your body is detoxing right now... make it as comfy as possible, and give it something else to do that doesn't feel so bad!!

This will all pass... and you'll be on the other side of induction where there's energy and balance, less cravings, better nutrition, and weight loss...how's that for a deal?

#5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 14:52
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Quote:
I drank coffee with Half and Half and Splenda all day

Actually you maybe eating enough carbs (each cup of coffee/decaf/tea has 1 carb - each oz of half and half or heavy cream has 1 carb - each packet of artificial sweetner has 1 carb) but you may not be eating enough healthy carbs such as the veggies that have been so rightly suggested before me.

Remember you need NATURAL FIBER to help you lose weight naturally.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 15:31

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default Re: No Sugar Today! Feeling Dizzy

Quote:
Originally posted by Pudgyman
[B I'm feeling a little dizzy from not having sugar. I guess that is good.
[/B]

More likely you're feeling dizzy because you're not eating nearly enough or enough of the right things and that's not good.
Cutting out sugar is a great start, but don't cut everything else out in the process. You need to get used to eating a lot more healthy than you are if you mean to maintain this as a lifestyle! You need veggies! The majority of your carbs should be coming from veggies, not coffee and low carb shakes. Go easy on the shakes and the heavily processed meats and salty foods. Eat real food with solid nutrition to it! From the looks of it, you also need a lot more water (I didn't see any mentioned) and probably more protein as well.
You may want to go back and re-read the chapter on induction. I don't think Dr. Atkins meant anyone to follow induction eating as you are.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Feb-28-03, 14:26

Stats: 193/188/132
BF:42%
Progress: 8%
Unhappy Dizzy Symptoms

Your guy's are great. I was feeling dizzy for about 3 weeks, and could not figure it out. My calories was between 1200-1350. But I was eating the meat and stayed away pretty much from the veggies.

Well I started experimenting, eating more Broccoli, Aspargus, Cabbage and WALLA! NO more dizzy spells.

Thanks for all of your knowledge. This site is great!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Feb-28-03, 14:44
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Hurray for Linda!!!