Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 10:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 125/120/115
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Is this for me?

I just read Farmgirls post about her success and fantastic energy. That is GREAT!! However,

I have lost some weight and I am within 6 pounds of a goal I never dreamed I would achieve. BUT I FEEL AWEFUL on this plan. I am so unbelievably exhausted. Does this mean that this plan is not for me?

While I have you.... since I am so close to goal, will it take longer for me to lose the rest of this weight like in other diets? I lost 6 pounds right off the bat.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 11:16
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/238.4/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

There is the typical carb and/or caffiene withdrawal symptoms some people go through.

Taking supplements can help you get over that awful feeling sooner.

How about for starters:

A multivitamin

Potassium

Calcium/Magnesium 2:1 ratio

You can work up to others later.

And, don't forget to drink lots of water too!

Beth
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 11:34

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/189/140
BF:
Progress: 18%

I am a LOT further from goal...and weight loss seems to be a little slow but I am losing so that is good. I am having energy problems as well. By the time I get home from work (desk job) and make dinner I am ready for BED!!! Last night I went to bed at 8:00 although watched a bit of t.v. before I fell asleep.
I think part of the problem with me is that by the time I get home is is getting dark already! I hate winter!!!
I am taking my vitamins and drinking plenty of water...have all of the signs of being in ketosis, etc. Just WORE OUT!!!
I even started taking Atkins Accel to see if that would help but so far...no.
Any suggestions?
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 11:39
Don't dream it be it

BF:

If you are still following strict induction, maybe you need to move on to OWL and add in more green veggies?

Just a thought...I'll go see if you have a journal to look at.

Beth
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 11:44
Don't dream it be it

BF:

Okay, I checked out what was there.

The only things I can see are 3 occasions where you had bars or partial bars, and some processed meats. 2-3 Diet Rites a week or so too.

You said you were giving up the processed meats, but the last entry listed breakfast as a bar.

So, the next thing to try is to eat only real foods and drink only water. Does the Atkin's Excel have green tea extract in it?

I got a new multivitamin that contains green tea extract and chromium in it...I think it's One a Day for Women Dieter's or something like that. I get a warm hot feeling sometimes and workouts have been hard but good.

Well, that's my 2 cents. Anyone else?

Beth