Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 10:02
Registered Member

Plan: CAD/Atkins
Stats: 147/138/105 Female 4'11"
BF:
Progress: 21%
Question Type of Exercise

I am on my second day of induction. I was just wondering what type of exercise everyone did. I am going to start The Firm. Does anyone do that. I sometimes do Taebo also. Just curious.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 10:21
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 202/180/150
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default exercise

Hi, welcome to the forums! I use a Pilates machine every other day and walk for 30 minutes every other day. Pilates builds strength and increases flexibility and the walking is for the aerobics. I wasn't losing much weight til I started exercising. Luckily I love Pilates and I live in NYC so walking is great fun here!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 10:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 1/1/1 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default Exercise

This is what I aim for... dont always make it.

Early morning cardio 40 mins....
Mid intensity aerobics {Kathy Smith}, Taebo 4 x per week

Weight training 45 mins followed by high intensity cardio 20 mins {treadmill, cross trainer} 4 x per week

Akiwican
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 10:39

Stats: 272/262/200 Male 6 feet 1 inch
BF:
Progress: 14%

I walk/run on my treadmill 30-60 minutes 5-6 days a week and light weight training twice a week. Lately I have tried to intensify my cardio my alternating walking and running to keep my heart rate up.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 10:47
Registered Member

Stats: 171/155/135
BF:

I do 30 minutes on a treadmill, four to five days a week. Am trying to add more time but at least sticking with it! I also do weight training twice a week for an hour each. I have found that adding the cardio workout is what is really important for me personally. It also really boosts my mood, an extra benefit!! Leslie
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 12:22

Stats: 202/174/130 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default Welcome cindycm!

I do (2) 30 min treadmill one in am and one in pm everyday at home. Then I do to the gym and lift weights M-W-F 35 mins and tread mill 20 and bicycle 20 on M-W-F.

I notice I BIG difference in energy level and body measurements after I added exercise!

Good Luck!
Julie
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 12:48

Plan: atkins
Stats: 155/175/135 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: -100%

I'm lazy, but I want the perfect body, go figure!

I combine breathing exercises (a la BodyFlex) with Pilates & Yoga exercises. 20 mins, 3-4 times a week yields fabulous results.

..Max..
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 13:39

Stats: 225/182/170 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 78%

Hi there!

I'm a Firm fan and have been doing the tapes since last September. I have the set with Ab, Body, and Cardio Sculpt, and the fanny lifter. Since I started, I've lost about 10 lbs, but I've gone from a size 16 to a size 11 and I'm very close to a 10! I didn't think I'd see results like I did. I'm now up to 8, 10, and 15 lb. weights and it is fun. I do Body Sculpt on Monday, and Cardio Sculpt on Wed. and Fri. Then on Tues. and Thurs., I do the Ab Sculpt and 30 minutes of whatever cardio tape I feel like doing.

Hope this helps! Amber
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 13:45

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 184/184/165 Female 5' 6"
BF:no clue
Progress: 0%

I'm doing a bunch of different ones. I have each video set of Tae Bo, Leslie Sansone and Winsor Pilates. I go between them to keep from being bored and to work different areas in different ways. I'm shooting for doing at least one tape a day at least four days a week.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 13:58

Stats: 299/288/197
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Pilates???

What is this??? Pilates i have read people talking about it but dont know what it is?
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 14:09
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%
Default Only 3 weeks strict exercise so far...

I do 20 minutes on my skier most every weekday. I do with graduating speed and intensity for minutes at a time.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 20:30
Registered Member

Stats: 315/215/200 Male 5ft. 10in.
BF:
Progress: 87%
Default Walking is goooood

Hi just wanted to add my routine in the mix. I walk from 30minutes to an hour and 15 minutes aday. Now when i say walk thats not what i really do, i try to walk fast enough so that im not quite jogging I also try to concentrate on deep breathing and a very large stride so far that has helped me the most. I think I haven't missed aday since i started atkins about a month ago. Also I do alittle weight training about 3 times aweek for a constant 30 minutes. So far Im losing weight at a good rate and i feel very good. I also drink about 3-4litres of water aday and take supplements.
Good Luck!
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Feb-07-03, 07:30

Stats: 222/194/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 45%
Thumbs up

Hi! I also do The Firm. I have the set with Body Sculpt, Cardio and Ab sculpt. I LOVE them and have seen results already. My weight loss has stalled but I am loosing inches. Which I really don't understand yet. But anyway...I think it's great!!!
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Feb-07-03, 16:36

Plan: shwarzbein/protein power
Stats: 165/135/125
BF:
Progress: 75%

I do Pilates five mornings a week. When It's not freezing I walk outside otherwise I walk in place or do taebo. Skate. In spring, summer, fall I play ball and walk a lot more. Try to mix it up so I wont get bored.
Gin
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Feb-07-03, 18:23

Stats: 1/1/1 Female 5'8"
BF:
Default Hi Jules

Quote:
Originally posted by jules32
My weight loss has stalled but I am loosing inches. Which I really don't understand yet. But anyway...I think it's great!!!

Its fantastic! The reason you are not loosing "scale weight" is because you are building muscle while you are excercising. Muscle weighs more than fat but occupies less space, thus the inches lost I'd take that over scale weight down anyday!

Akiwican