Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 20:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 268.5/262/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%
Question Catfish? Fitday count wrong?

Ok, I already had dinner, so it's a little late, but ...I had catfish for dinner and I went to put it into fitday and it says that my little 7oz serving has 467 calories, 29g fat, 30g protein, and 20g of carbs! I looked it up in the Atkins carb counter and it says that a 6oz serving has 0g carbs, 17.2g fat, 35.3g protein, and 306 calories.

I had thought that fish doesn't have carbs, that only shellfish does. Am I wrong? Which counter is right? And if the catfish really doesn't have carbs, that means fitday is very wrong on this one....anyone seen anything else they've been way off on?

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 20:54
Registered Member

Stats: 268.5/262/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 5%
Default Oops

Ok....I had selected NS as to cooking method, and for some reason, it must assume that I breaded it or something. I went back in and switched it to baked or broiled and now it says 347 calories, 23g fat, 1g carb(?I still don't get this one), and 32g protein. Oh well....it's close enough that I can live with this one.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 21:34

Stats: 165/165/145
BF:
Progress: 0%

Since you seem to be on top of this..how many carbs do you have daily. This is my second week. Even the things I know are low carb, still add up. I have been trying to look this up....do you know?