Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-04-03, 18:31
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 169/156/135
BF:40.5/36/25
Progress: 38%
Default 5 weeks - Wow, what a difference!

I started Atkins with my DH 5 weeks ago - I think some of the changes we all experience with this WOL creep up on us and we don't really appreciate them - Here are the amazing things that have happened to us:

1. DH has lost 15 lbs, the wretch! I'm tortoising along at 8 lbs, but happy about every one of them.

2. I can bend over and tie my shoes without feeling like circulation is cut off at my middle!

3. DH, who has struggled with asthma for about 15 years has had NONE since after Week 1. This is a first for him - no wheezing, shortness of breath, etc. He is so excited!

4. I have gone down one full dress size and am fitting in pants that I was ready to throw out.

5. We are walking a few times a week together - instead of munching on chips and watching TV - and enjoying it.

6. I quit smoking at the same time, and am thrilled to no longer be a slave to those nasty things.

7. My blood pressure has gone down from 134/79 to 111/65. (I hope this isnt' too low) Amazing!

8. Those mysterious aches and pains have mysteriously disappeared.

9. We have both had weeks when NOTHING happens - weight stays the same - but we're committed to this WOL - nothing has felt so right before.

We have lots of energy and high spirits, which were in short supply when we were feeling blobby and out-of-control.

LC rules!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-04-03, 20:28

Stats: 190/182.5/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Amazing!

Wow, I am in awe! Way to go! As a smoker (who hopes to quit again soon) I know what an amazing thing you have accomplished! You have lost eight pounds and quit smoking at the same time - absolutely amazing. The last time I quit smoking I gained at least 30 pounds. Congratulations and keep up the good work!

Diana
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-04-03, 21:35

Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

Congratulations! What a wonderful uplifting post! This really is a wonderful way of life - it really works! After 35 pounds, I feel like a different person. I still have a long ways to go, but I feel so great, I can do this forever. Thanks for the reminder! Cindi
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Feb-04-03, 22:21
Registered Member

Stats: 145/140/130
BF:
Progress: 33%

Congratulations

That is wonderful ...and to see all the various areas where success occurred....
very inspirational to all of us....to keep going on with this WOL.

Thanks for sharing..
Mona Lisa
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 03:55
Registered Member

Stats: 169/156/135
BF:40.5/36/25
Progress: 38%
Default Thanks!

Thank y'all for your support - this forum is one of the best parts of lo-carbing. Wish we all lived in the same neighborhood !

Pat

ps Such night owls! Must be the increased energy of lo-carbing?!
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 08:02
Registered Member

Stats: 171/155/135
BF:
Progress: 44%
Thumbs up Asthma gone too!

Wow-congrats to both of you! I also have noticed some changes apart from weight loss. Better sleep at night, no more asthma and great reduction in IBS. Wahoo!! I am in week five and lost 10 pounds. Leslie
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Feb-05-03, 08:34

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 279/240/200 Male 71 inches
BF:
Progress: 49%

thanks for posting that and congratulations...

Reading your post is inspiring. I to can relate to alot of you and your husbands experience. - Steve