Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Thu, May-14-09, 10:19

Plan: Atkins 01/11/10
Stats: 355/310/147 Female 5'-9"
BF:goin' down
Progress: 22%

Hey J.T. Glad to hear ya'll made it through the storms, hopefully you won't be power out for too long. Ain't spring exciting?

You guys to the north have been getting all the craziness. You could send a little more of the rain down Texas way. We've had a little but need some more. What we've had instead is humidity up to the eyeballs. Someone needs to tell the weatherman that your are supposed to drink the water not breath the water!

I have finally got settled into Dr. K routine (since Monday) and I will update my weight on Sundays from now on. Give Aaron something to do with my spreadsheet besides go up or flatline. I gained about 5 pounds over the weekend eating sushi and drinking a little beer, but I've dropped most of that by this morning.

Cool to see lots of new people joining in the run to 100. I love the support here, you guys are great. I guess the main thing I see is not perfection of form, but willingness to get back up after a fall that is the deciding factor in this journey. So, off we go again.
Juanita
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Thu, May-14-09, 13:14
Registered Member

Plan: adkins
Stats: 250/241/150 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 9%

Well I'm doing good. I have a way of stepping on the scale every day , I think I'm going to change it to once a week like everyone else. My day is going to be Sunday also. I read from one of you that drinking a lot of water helps flush out the ketones. So I have started drinking a lot and I have seen my weight go down 1 to 3 pounds a day. I'm only eating 20 carbs a day and trying to stay more active. I believe we can all do this. We have to stay strong every day. I have been given cake, cookies, fries and so much more since I started and I have been able to say no. If you guys new me you would be shocked. We everybody your doing great, and I'm looking forward to hearing how everybody is doing. Thanks for letting me join.
  #138   ^
Old Thu, May-14-09, 21:09

Hey Ofei,
You're doin' great. Have you done low carb before? Looks like you've got a great jump start on the 100 pounds. Congratulations on turning down the goodies (or would those be the baddies?). Welcome to the forum. I'm fairly new here myself. You might want to start a journal and track your calories and weight in it. It has been really handy for me to have one. I do weigh everyday also just to keep track of how my new way of eating is being tolerated by my body. I track it in my journal. Aaron (Hoosierguy) has a spread sheet and is tracking the challenge for us. Best of luck on your journey.
  #139   ^
Old Fri, May-15-09, 07:15

Plan: Fung-inspired fasting
Stats: 336/000/160 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 191%

286 this morning. Glad things are moving again.

Tiajuana -- sushi and beer?! Next time: sashimi and green tea.

Welcome, Ofei!
  #140   ^
Old Fri, May-15-09, 10:08

Plan: VSG Post Op/ Low Carb
Stats: 521/235.4/230 Male 5ft 10"
BF:dropping
Progress: 98%
Default Stats Change Stats Change Whoo Hoooo

Yayyyyy
Official weigh in today, down 7.5lbs!
yayyyyy. finally a whoosh!
6 weeks 29lbs and minus 20 inches. 71 more to go!
whoo hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
thanks for all the support and thanks to you all for jumping into this challenge with me! I look forward to coming in here and checking in on you guys like were right next door. I'll see you guys later on when were doing our knee lifts.

jt
  #141   ^
Old Fri, May-15-09, 10:13

Plan: VSG Post Op/ Low Carb
Stats: 521/235.4/230 Male 5ft 10"
BF:dropping
Progress: 98%

congrats bike!!!!!!!!!!
congrats and welcome ofei!!!!
You all are doing great!

JT
  #142   ^
Old Fri, May-15-09, 13:58

Plan: Low Carb, Plexus
Stats: 526/487/250 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

Congrats everyone on losses and welcome stacnicole. Spreadsheet is updated.
  #143   ^
Old Fri, May-15-09, 16:04

J.T.
Way to rock on!
  #144   ^
Old Fri, May-15-09, 17:50

Plan: WW's/ Atkins/George S.
Stats: 317.6/260.4/186 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 43%

Aaron

thanks for the spread sheet and all the effort it takes
  #145   ^
Old Sat, May-16-09, 05:54

Plan: LC
Stats: 270/193/155 Female 5'2
BF:way to much
Progress: 67%

I agree thankyou for the spreadsheet it does help to keep focused
good job
  #146   ^
Old Sat, May-16-09, 18:34
Registered Member

BF:
Wink

Finally, Finally, Finally I'm peeing purple, my headache is gone and I have a new found energy. Today I cleaned my house from top to bottom, feels great. I havent weighed myself but I feel like I lost more weight. I will tomorrow.

Tiajuana, this is my second time doing adkins. The first time I was told by my infirtility Doctor to be on the diet eating only 20 carbs a day. I went threw IVF three times not being on the diet and it failed and the forth time worked with the diet. I lost about 30 lbs.

Mcadeowner, your doing great keep it up.

Aaron, yeah thanks for the spread sheet I love it.
  #147   ^
Old Sat, May-16-09, 18:39
Registered Member

BF:

oh, I forgot I keep track of my meal plan by going to sparkspeople.com Its free and really informative. How do you start a Journal ? I'm lost.
  #148   ^
Old Sun, May-17-09, 00:58

Plan: Low Carb, Plexus
Stats: 526/487/250 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

ofei, here's the long answer and more info. http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=172775

Short answer is go to Journals/Bootcamp area off of main forum page, Start a new thread in there with what you want your journal title to be, then that will become your journal automatically then.

My big gain last week is coming back off... fingers crossed I'll be back to my normal weekly loss week after next (This week will be huge because of my previous mess up). Survived temptation tonight, will have details in Journal.
  #149   ^
Old Sun, May-17-09, 12:19

Good job on resisting the temptation and lowcarb thinking on your feet. It can be done. Yesterday the fam and I all went to the movie tavern where they serve burgers, pizzas, etc while you are watching your movie. I was concerned about what there was for me to order but right there on the menu were hot wings with celery and ranch. Not the perfect choice, but a viable once in a while choice.

For a long time I have been not participating in many aspects of life (disqualifying myself because of my weight) and I'm weary of doing that. I don't want to now disqualify myself because of my dietary restrictions, so sometimes compromise is required. I like the whole just throw away the bread approach. In a pinch, it helps you stay on the program even if you don't know exactly what is in what's left. To me it's sort of like running alongside the wagon rather that being on the wagon. Much better than falling off the wagon which then requires a catch-up/recovery period. Running alongside the wagon makes me tired very quickly as there is not much emotional payoff to it. So, it makes me want to get back up on the wagon that much sooner.

We'll get there if we don't give up.
Juanita

Last edited by tiajuana : Sun, May-17-09 at 12:21. Reason: typo
  #150   ^
Old Sun, May-17-09, 15:53
Registered Member

Plan: LCHF, Keto, Fung
Stats: 460/316/199 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default May I join, too?

Hello everyone, if it's okay, I would like to join this challenge. I would LOVE to lose 100 this year with you all!

I have read Dr Atkins book, and others... I am sort of new to low carbing, and have been reading all over this site, learning and absorbing, and looking for somewhere to fit in. Since I have so much to lose, was hoping this might be the place. :-)

My start weight for this challenge is 385. I weigh in every Monday. I have a gmail account, so if that would make it easier, I am willing to do my own updates.

Thanks!
Loretta