Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-26-03, 13:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 302.0/302.0/155 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default New bloodword VERY reassuring!

First, I am not sure this goes here..but I trust that the all-knowing moderators will take of it!

Second, I want those of you who are hesitating to start to take a look. I have been on the Atkin's Plan since Thanksgiving Day 2002. At that time, I weighed 298.9. Today, I am down to 276.9 and still losing. But that's not the half of it. Take a look at some blood work my doctor has been monitoring. (The first column will be my starting numbers)

Cholesterol 156 114
Glucose 134 122

The cholesterol does not concern me as I was well within "normal limits" to begin with, but the fact remains that it has come down without any problems!

But most importantly to me, my glucose shows I am slowly but surely moving out of that dangerous diabetic range!

Thanks to everyone who helps out, who provides recipes, support, and just plain entertainment on this on this board! Prior to finding this support forum I was VERY hesitant to starting this program. I know I do not contribute much, but I hope that this post will help somone to make up their mind and finally realize that this is a healthy way to go!

Lisa
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-26-03, 14:06

Stats: 199.8/197.2/135
BF:
Progress: 4%
Thumbs up

[COLOR=orangered]Congratulations on your improved health and the loss of weight!

I don't know what my cholesterol is, but last time I had it checked (approx) 2 years ago, it was 220something.

I'll make it a point to get it checked soon and watch it go down!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-26-03, 16:53

Stats: 180/135/135 Female 64 inches
BF:30
Progress: 100%

AWESOME!!! Congratulations and well done!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-26-03, 17:43

Stats: 230/188/175 Female 65 inches
BF:48/idk/25
Progress: 76%

Congratulations on your great news on your cholesterol and your blood sugar! I'm happy for you.

I'm planning to get blood work done monthly for the next 2 months and then go get some more life insurance, which is much cheaper if one has reasonable cholesterol and glucose levels!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-03, 07:19
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

Congrats! My cholesterol and triglicerides both went down on this kind of eating. Nice to know my body really responds to it! It is the positive blood work that made me a true believer in Atkins. Gotta love it!

Paleoanth
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-03, 15:10
Registered Member

Stats: 144/133/125
BF:
Progress: 58%
Thumbs up Way to go!!!

Lisa, that is so wonderful!!!

My cholesterol is a problem and runs in my family. I had it checked about three months ago, and was warned by my doctor to work on lowering it.

I'm going to get more blood work done in February and am anxious to see the results.

Your success is very inspiring! Keep up the good work