Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-26-03, 15:27

Plan: All Meat
Stats: 200/200/130
BF:
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up This Diet Works!

The first time I tried the all meat diet, I lost 30 pounds. The first month was an adjustment period and I still lost 10 pounds. I stayed with the diet through out the week but on my days off it wasn't so easy. I still lost weight by watching the kind of carbs and how much I ate. (Some vegetables are too tempting to stay away from.) Drinking water made all the difference in the weight loss and how I felt! it didn't take long to gain it all back but at least I know it works and the motivation is there to do it again. This time my goals are long term. I can eat what I enjoy and feel satisfied. Staying away from starch and sugar is essential to my success and that's not been a problem (other than Italiam bread or sourdough bread.) I didn't excersize the first time around but have plans to slowly begin to build up a daily routine of excersize such as walking and eventually aerobics. A few minutes a day for weight lifting to shift the body mass where it should be. If there's anyone who has some suggestions I am open and ready to receive them. If it worked for you, it may help me? Thanks for this forum and your support.
Ammie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jan-26-03, 15:39
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi there Ammie,

Welcome to the forum!

I can't help thinking that an all meat diet is going to seem awfully boring after a while. It also sounds like a "diet" rather than a WOE (way of eating) or WOL (way of life).

I would suggest that you go to "Which low carb plan is right for me?" to the right if the screen and select from the summaries there a plan that will suit you. Once you choose a plan, do buy the appropriate book and read it thoroughly. Unfortunately, folk who try to just "wing it" without doing any reading about low carbing are very unlikely to lose weight and keep it off, as you found out previously.

Going without vegies is depriving yourself of many useful nutrients, as well as fibre. Please do yourself a favour and add some vegies to your eating plan.

Rosebud
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jan-26-03, 15:58

Plan: All Meat
Stats: 200/200/130
BF:
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up Thank You Rose Bud

Rose Bud,
How nice of you to welcome me so soon. It may have sounded as if I was dismissing vegies from my diet but not the case. But I will reduce them. In the past I was a vegetarian and always thin. Now that I'm in the Golden Years, my metabolism has changed along with my life style. The protein really made a difference in my weight loss and I used about every approach you can name. But I will keep some vegies in my routine. And of course my supplements and minerals.
I'll be sure and post my progress. Please feel free to keep in touch.
Ammie