Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Fri, Jan-24-03, 09:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/122/107
BF:?/24%/20%
Progress: 73%

Decided to up myself, am going to the other side of the mountain, to a bigger mall and will do that a couple times, maybe even stop at a second, just for the exercise (never been much of a shopper---except for groceries).

I also did 50 led lift/crunches....

Can't wait for spring and summer to go out on the boat and ski, still have to learn, been many yrs...but I am sure that that will give me a great workout!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Fri, Jan-24-03, 10:10

well, am going to try a new breakfast....I have done the eggs in a cupcake tin before and then put ham on it, but saw a new twist. I put a piece of sliced ham in the muffin tin, scrambled up some egg and poured it into the ham and then sprinkled cheese on it. I can't wait to try it. It looks so good. I might beable to gather up some change and get an in & out protein burger for lunch and pb & j for lunch for the boys. Hmm....thinking fajitas for dinner...or hmmm no I think pork rib stips. I am fill the propane, so I can bbq again. That should take care of my meals for today.

I'll have to post how the walking goes today. Also thought about using my stairs more often, going up and down several times a day, like take up laundry individually...instead of a whole pile...that should be good for the rear and legs :-)
  #48   ^
Old Fri, Jan-24-03, 16:56

well, went to the mall and walked. My oldest (2) gave me so much trouble. I was sort of bad and shared a quesadilla with the boys...so about 1/2 a tortilla for me, and a reg. size strawberry julius. I figured strawberries, egg white (I think) a bit of sugar and some ice wouldn't be too bad...after all I was walking a lot. I didn't do the second mall...boy was too bad to try another stop. I have to go down again next week, so I will do the mills which I think is over a mile in diameter...walk it a coupe times and get a good work out.

I completely forgot about the propane, so I don't know what I will do for dinner. Maybe I can convince my hubby to go down with me and get some. Who knows, worth a shot!

I am excited to get myself back together and set on my woe. I really don't know what has come over me....well actually I do, I had something that was worrying my the last week or so and now I found out that I don't have to worry about it any more and my mind is sooooooo at ease that I am actually extremely happy and motivated!!!
  #49   ^
Old Sat, Jan-25-03, 10:04

Well, I did end up having a bit more things yesterday, small amount of chips in some cheese dip. Not too much though. I didn't gain anything, but figure I am going ot need to walk today and get some extra exercise. Not sure what I will have for breakfast. Ended up having lemon pepper chicken lastnight (hubby wanted speg. so I fixed myself something else). Don't know what kind of exercise I will do today. Most likely walk to the Post Office, then down the hill to get propane and walk a bit down there.
  #50   ^
Old Sat, Jan-25-03, 10:36

well, I got in my 50 leg lift crunches...and decided on 2 all beef hot dogs at 1 g carb each and a large 14 oz glass of crystal light..no carbs. I guess it's a good start!
  #51   ^
Old Sat, Jan-25-03, 14:03

Well did my walk and included my preggy dog too. About 20 mins. round trip. Pretty good I'ld say. Once the boys wake from there nap and I make them lunch, I will head down the hill and walk around a bit. That should be good for today...maybe some more crunches tonight.
  #52   ^
Old Sat, Jan-25-03, 15:40

Ok...added 30 more leg lift crunches.
Had 2 slices turkey with small slices of colby jack cheese (less than 1 g per oz) and 4 pieces of bacon for lunch oh and 1 glass crystal light. Am off to the mall in about 40 min. or so. I am feeling so good about this walking. I will have to hold off for about 6 weeks in about 2 weeks...my niece and nephew are going to be staying with me during the day..I don't have enough arms to push 2 strollers...I guess I can walk after they leave, maybe late afternoon. That may not be so bad.
  #53   ^
Old Sat, Jan-25-03, 19:12
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Just wanted to thank you for hitting the wrong button and visiting me. I like the crunches advice and will add them in when I can. I used to do them before and they (well everything really) helps.

Have a great one!
  #54   ^
Old Sun, Jan-26-03, 06:06

Stats: 161/152/125 Female 64
BF:35/32/18
Progress: 25%
Default You're doing great!

Boy, when you get back on track you don't fool around! Keep up the good work!

2 year olds can certainly be a pain. It gets better, though, 3 years old is one of the best ages there is.

You are really dropping! I'm jealous...
  #55   ^
Old Sun, Jan-26-03, 18:46

Thanks for the support guys. Yesterday had lemon pepper chicksn and a can of diet 7up. I also went to the mall for a short walk. Did 2 malls today (very short walk...looking for specific store). Came home.

Had ham and scrambled eggs for breakfast (1/2 slice ham and 3 eggs) Was really bad and had a whole kit kat and some tostitos chips with a nacho cheese/chili mix. Atleast I stuck to a diet sunkist right??? hehehe I know I will feel it tomorrow. It was so hard though with superbowl and all the snacks. I did have some county pork strips..yummy It's great to have propane again. I will need to add more exercise this week to make up for my mishaps...although I was pleased to get into 2 of my size 8s (little snug) the other 2 pairs are a bit smaller...a few more weeks I figure.

I will go to the mills this week sometime...Have to get my little one's shots and it is near there....take the 1 mile or more around the place to my advantage..I figure I may walk it maybe 2 times.

Well, I should get back to "the Boys" talk to ya guys soon!
  #56   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-03, 10:16

Well, my bindge didn't seem to have too much of an affect on me today. Weight stayed the same. I have a lot of house work to do today, then off to the mall tomorrow. I hope that that will help. I am debating about what I want for breakfast. I need to do some crunches this morning still. Will keep you posted with how I do.
  #57   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-03, 14:45
The evolution of me

BF:

Walks are always good for you, even if it is just to maintain weight. Also, housework always makes me sweat....

As you said to me, activity counts.
  #58   ^
Old Mon, Jan-27-03, 15:18

Ok, made some eating errors today, but did get a lot accomplished. I got my closet cleaned out. I have a pile for good will (even small things that I liked, but have come to realize that as a mother of 2 there are just some things I really shouldn't wear). I put my "Big Girl" clothes into a box and even finally packed away my maternity wear. I am keeping my "BG" clothes to remind me how far I've come and figured they will come into use when we decide to have another baby...they can be maternity clothes.

I also threw out things that were no longer good to even give to good will. I feel good and found that it was a lot of work. I have a lot of things too...I was able to unpack all of my "smaller me" outfits. I can't wait until they all fit loosely again. I remeber when my mother and hubby wanted me to get rid of all my "sm" clothes. I said no, " I may fit into them again someday." For awhile I didn't believe it would ever happen. I am so happy to prove us all wrong. Although I guess had I gotten rid of them, I could have gotten new clothes....But on the other hand, this saved me alot of money
  #59   ^
Old Tue, Jan-28-03, 09:27

well, thinking of lkonzelman I did 50 leg lift/crunches. I don't know how I used to do 100...I am slipping. Of course I did do them 25 (one leg) and 25 (the other) where as before I did 10 10s and did a pelvic rock in the middle. Hmm....got almost all the things in the house I wanted to do...cleaned closet. Now to face the office/craft/dump site. AGGGHHH I have to face it at some point. I also need to walk to the post office today, didn't go yesterday and that will give some exercise. Tomorrow, off to give the youngest his shots and then to the mall for hopefully a 2 mile push. That should be good.

My legs are getting better, only need to figure out how to get rid of the extra flab on the upper inner thigh, it's killing me.....and I can't afford surgery..heheheOh well...If it doesn't go down, I can always live with it. I guess
  #60   ^
Old Tue, Jan-28-03, 09:33
The evolution of me

BF:

Sorry to say but the inner thigh???? Some type of leg aerobics like skiing, jogging, dancing, walking... were the only things that worked for me (I'm sure though Nat could tell you other options). And my legs were so large I chaffed through pants and my skin. So embarrassing now that I had to powder so I wouldn't bleed when I wore a skirt.

But.... today is today.