Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Jan-22-03, 16:45

Plan: low carb
Stats: 136.6/129.4/119 Female 4 11
BF:
Progress: 41%

Donna - I hear ya!! I wish i knew about this way of eating back in my twenties. I am now in my early thirties and realize how much more difficult it is to lose weight. I am able to control my social drinking much more than i would have been able to do back in my 20's. We all know that partying and dieting don't really go together so well... especially when you are eating pizza at 2 a.m. I was doing the bar scene every weekend because i was worried i was going to miss something.

I am now 32 and realize i would not have been missing much. Don't get me wrong, i love being single and i still love the bar scene but i don't mind a nice quiet night at home. I think something happens in your thirties, where you just become happy and comfortable with who you are. I love it!!

Hopeful - It looks like we both keep falling off the wagon. I know each time we probably say "never again" but this time i think i really mean it because before i used to lose 10 pounds in a month doing atkins and this time it is not coming off as easy....

Lisa
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Jan-22-03, 20:48
Registered Member

Plan: general low carbs/atkins/
Stats: 167/152/139 Female 5'8''
BF:I'm/fat/again
Progress: 54%

You guys are gonna either laugh your a$# off or cry or make a squirmy face at what i'm about to tell you:

I was SOO overwhelmed by all the support and advice and funniness, that it made my eyes well up while at the same time i was delighted by the sisterhood.

I decided to get back on track, with eggs, steaks, salads, went to work, but God threw me a bit of a curve ball...

I got out of bed this morning, the corner of my frame hangs out and long story short there's a chunk of the bottom of my foot stitched back onto the bottom of my foot.

I got a tetnis shot (spell check anyone?) that made my arm sore, and made me nausous, so i've eaten freakin crackers, and water and tea all day because of how much this hurts.

I not only feel like a los (thats short for los-ma-los, aka loser) becuase i'm all feeling sorry for myself, but also becuase i feel like a total let down, all this support and momentum and i got caught up in not getting my crap together. Plus i'm missing at least tow days of work, and as a waitress, that REALLY sucks. (i'm a waitress at night trying ot get my MAKEUP artist career started, college grad and all )

But i wanted to thank you all SO MUCH!!!! beleive it or not, reading the posts on this site has helped me keep my mind clear and not sad. You all are really really good people and you deserve the best life has to offer.

JM
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Jan-22-03, 21:24

Plan: Slim in 6
Stats: 232/????/162 Female 5'7"
BF:too much :-)
Progress: 74%
Talking NOOOOO

Listen,Makeup..this is not a come and go kinda buddy list we have going here You simply have to stay as those crackers cannot last forever..we will start again in a day or 2.I am so sorry to hear of your most unfortunate accident but it is hard to keep a straight face with the way you told it..I will,however try You take care and hang in there!!
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 08:15
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 130/130/110
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally posted by Hopeful
I, too, fell off the wagon really hard--twice in fact. I'm on day 3 of attempt number 3.

I guess what helps me get back on the wagon is the fact that without trying to change my eating lifestyle, I would be binging EVERY DAY. I am a food addict. And I remember when I was doing induction before, I had experienced a lack of desire to pig out. For the first time as long as I could remember, I didn't want to eat whatever was in front of me.

As of now there is a whole tray of cookies in my office. 25% of me wants it, but then 75% of me is convincing me that I'd rather get a handle on my life.

I too, don't have that much to lose. But it's that little "extra" that can be so frustrating.

hmmm...u sound soooo much like me and to think we have the same weight now and to lose!...i too have been on-off the wagon for around 3 or more attempts..but it makes me pretty much sick to keep on playin around with induction..its just that i get this silly craving when its the TOM...and it jsut drives me nuts ..so there im gonna reinduct again and hoping that i could get through this for two weeks of induction ..the max ive done is 10 days of induction then carb binge ..and the cycle goes on ..i wish id rly do it this time
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 14:43

Default Pleeeease keep trying

Nicole,you sound like you want so much to succeed and I just know you can.If the cravings are so strong,perhaps you could reread the diet and make sure you are doing it by the book for those first 2 wks.Please do not think I am insinuating you did anything wrong but just wondering as the cravings should not be so bad after 3 or 4 days to cause you to give up.I know you can do this and I have a little recipe that works wonders for when you need something sweet and will only cost you a handful of carbs.Stick with us,dear..we will be here for you.Maybe if you start a journal,the senior members could look at what you are eating and help.It is often just something small that can stall you or give you cravings.Best of luck to you,Nicole
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 14:56
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Hey there...OUCH about the foot and about losing work time...that kinda stinks! Hope you're feeling a bit better, or at least will be back on both feet soon.

I have a feeling when you are able to focus back on your eating plan full time, you'll find that you really haven't lost any ground...maybe even a loss?

Will check in with you soon...take it easy!
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 16:07
Registered Member

Plan: general low carbs/atkins/
Stats: 167/152/139 Female 5'8''
BF:I'm/fat/again
Progress: 54%

This falling off the wagon and jacking up my foot has been almost prolific. I literally had to learn to walk one step at a time, and along the way, over the past few days, I've realized how much I was doing before and how much I had taken it all for granted.

I can walk today, with a bit of a limp since i dont want to put all my weight on my foot, but I want more. I want to walk, i want to jump, i want to sweat. I want to be well. Being well is so blissful, being healthy and whole and unscathed. sigh. I'm going to go the the gym today, nothing to nutz, just some upper body and maybe even a lil bike action.

I really want you all to know, I owe my insight to all of you. And i owe my strength of mind to accept myself and push further and be patient to all of your stories and jokes and journals entries. Its great knowing that we're all in this together, like a chain link, and all of our little pulls everyday can make a helluva change.

thank you all for laying it all out on the line. -jm
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 16:13
Registered Member

Stats: 230/223/150 Female 5ft 9 in
BF:Got No Clue
Progress: 9%
Default Atkins

Two years ago I lost 60+ pounds on Atkins in about 4 months, went off and slowly over time gained it back. (Quit smoking a year ago next week). I have just restarted Atkins on the 6th of this month, has anyone else started and stopped and then had trouble getting the weight moving again?
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 16:26
Registered Member

Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Yes, that can be quite normal for some...it still works, but the body may have a bit harder time adjusting to the new routine...I think when you do something, then stop, it causes resistance!!

Just be faithful and stay the course...you'll see the pounds drop.

#25   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 16:35
Registered Member

Thanks Donna! I was hoping that I was not alone in this. There are days when you spend the day fighting for will power and then there are days when it is abundant. Right now though, I'm in the "when is it going to come off" part of this and that is a real will power zapper.
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 17:24

Default Keep up the fight tanzia

I am having the same struggle but have read enough to know we are not alone.It is not so uncommon to only lose a few lbs. for the first few weeks and then it will slide off.The good news is that usually you do lose some inches.The alternative to all this is not good..we could be gaining even more.So,hang tough and make it happen no matter how long it takes.It will be worth it in the end.I know how good it felt when i did take off the 68 lbs. and while it seems a long road to get there this time i will and so will you.Best of luck in your LC WOL.
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 17:31
Registered Member

Have you ever had the feeling that "yeah I think these pants are looser" but just not sure? That's where I am, I see smaller cheeks, 1 less double chin, but is that my imagination. I suppose the good thing here is I KNOW this works, I'm just in frustration mode because like most people I want the instant results. I think this forum is pretty cool. You can come here and get more positive reinforcement.

Thanks All!

Tanz