Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 21:41

Plan: Atkins-modified
Stats: 371/194/175 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

I had a pretty bad day, and it all started after i had a carb bar. I guess they are out now forsure. I am going to start back on induction tomorrow. Ketones, here i come, lol...........

Toni
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 05:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 437/???/200
BF:69%
Progress: 0%
Unhappy Bad Day?

Good for you for getting right back on track again. I am so proud of you.....you've come a loooooong way baby!!!!!!!!!! Good luck today...please don't sweat it...
  #93   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 07:15

BF:

Thanks BigMamma, We all have our weak moments and let loose sometimes. That's a part of our human nature. I find when i fall off the wagon, i get back on, more determined than the last time, so i know I will be just fine. No matter what, you can't give up. Everyday we get a new chance at working on achieving our goals. I hope everyone grasps it and holds on tightly.

Toni
  #94   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 23:20

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 271/162/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 83%
Default Toni...

I understand about the LC bars,... they are a no no for me for sure and i dearly love them.... but my losing weight is more important than they are.... Remember, don't beat yourself up...forgive yourself and go on... you are doing too good to let a little thing like that get to you... I am pretty proud of you and I really want to tell you I am glad to know you... and Celina is a great motivator as well.... good going girls...

It's now my bed time... am much much better so will go back to work tomorrow...

Nite dear ones..
  #95   ^
Old Wed, Jan-22-03, 07:19

Stats: 243/217/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Good morning, hope everyone is doing well today.

Toni, sorry to hear the LC bars don't work for you, but it's good that you identified that and can move on.

Judi, I'm glad you're feeling better.

My legs are finally starting to feel better (from my first weight training session), I didn't get much of a workout yesterday. But am hoping to get in a 2 mile walk tonight when I get home from work.

Take care,
Summer
  #96   ^
Old Wed, Jan-22-03, 07:41

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

I can't believe how cold it is out...I have on a .25" thick polar fleece shirt with a thermal insulated hooded sweatshirt on in my office and I'm still freezing! Winter needs to go away already!

I had a killer workout yesterday, I didn't realize just how killer it was until this morning My butt and hammies are killing me! It'll feel better when I do my cardio today I think though. I think I have some "jiggly fat" going on, it's weird.

Summer, you don't walk outside do you??? I hope not, you'll become a human popsicle!

Where's everyone else, like Lessara, she vanish? I think I saw an updated gym log posting, I'll have to be nosey and find out later. What's new jraz & bigmomma? What are ya up to?
  #97   ^
Old Wed, Jan-22-03, 15:30

BF:

Darklotus,

Are you kidding, I'm outside as little as possible. I got rides to work both yesterday and today. I walk inside on the treadmill. Just about time to leave work. I'm planning on a 2 mile walk when I get home. I heard it's going to warm up this weekend and finally be above freezing - something to look forward to!

How come you're still in pain - I thought after I worked out for a while the pain will dissipate - is that not true? (My legs finally feel OK today.)

I better get ready to go. Talk to you soon.

Summer
  #98   ^
Old Wed, Jan-22-03, 16:10

My muscles hurt from time to time, depending on what I do and how heavy I go. The pain I whined about last time was one of the first times I did straight legged deadlifts, which hurt like hell!
  #99   ^
Old Wed, Jan-22-03, 16:26

BF:

It's also freezing here in Southern Ontario right now. One thing i miss about being heavier was that all the fat was great insulation. I wear a sweatshirt, a fleese vest, and 2 sweaters plus my coat when i go out, and i am still cold.

Toni
  #100   ^
Old Wed, Jan-22-03, 20:25

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 271/162/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 83%
Default Hi All...

Hope everyone is staying warm.. Wish I could share some of my beautiful weather with you.. I would... It's been shirt sleeve weather here, but that is Arizona for ya and the reason we have all these snow blessings here.... Come on down.. Been in the 70's here today....
DarkLotus, where are you from?

Had a good day today... sure felt much better...
  #101   ^
Old Wed, Jan-22-03, 20:29

massachusetts. freeeeeezing out tonight!
  #102   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 11:36
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Smile Same here in New Hampshire!

I had to move the cat's water bowl away from the back door, this morning it was ice not water in the bowl! Can anyone say "Drafty"?
  #103   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 16:35
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

It's freezing here in Maryland. With the wind chill, it feels arctic! I got back late last night from a business trip to California where I was walking around without a jacket. I should have stayed there.

All I want to do is hibernate! Fortunately, since I got back late last night I was able to stay home from work today. I talk my walk in the middle of the day. It was bitter cold, but I was able to do it. There is no way I could walk tonight!
  #104   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 18:05

BF:

It's still freezing here too. I can't wait for the weekend, I think it's going to get into the 30s on Sunday.

It's so hot in my office that I actually couldn't wait to get outside today. I am sure by next week half the staff will be sick!

I think my legs are finally better. I did work out tonight when I got home, I did both a walk on the treadmill and some weights. I'm just going to take it a little slower with my leg exercises.

Is anyone interested in sharing what types of supplements you take and what they are good for?
I take a multi, GTF Chromium, essential oils, vitamin B and green tea. I don't know how much they help. I've been taking the multi for years. I started taking the Chromium because it was recommended in CAD. And Atkins recommends the essential oils.

It would be interesting to hear what other people take/think.

Summer
  #105   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 18:10

Sure Summer, I take:
regular multi-vitamin
l-carnitine (for fat loss and cravings, but I don't really have cravings anymore...)
l-glutamine to prevent muscle catabolization and help with soreness/repair. Also boosts the immune system.
l-carnitine to give me that extra ooomph! when I lift!
calcium/magnesium/potassium id I don't take this, I get terrible cramps in my legs and I have trouble sleeping well.
HTH!