Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 11:27

Plan: WebMD w/LC choices
Stats: 322/297/199 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Post Wishy-washy article

ABC News.com article
Ok, so this article brings up some good points, but at the same time it infuriates me with some of the statements made by dietitians regarding the LC lifestyle. I guess everyone has their opinion (I just seem to voice my a little louder than others sometimes- sorry), but the quotes from the article below peeved me themost.

"If you have a history of depression in your family, a low-carb diet can be bad news," Tribole[dietitian in article] says." WHATEVER. I haven't been this happy in years!!

"And if you are on a low-carb diet, it is going to be hard to exercise," she adds, because carbohydrates are "energy" foods." Again, WHATEVER! Exercising is so much easier for me and I have tons of energy to do it now.

Each step forward for LCing comes so much harder when there's anti-LCers trying to push us backward.

Sorry for venting.

Nikki
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 11:38

Plan: atkins( induction)
Stats: 252/124/115 Female 60in
BF:55%/19%/15%
Progress: 93%

NIKKI you are so right. Everywhere you go someone is telling you it is not healthy to cut down your carbs. Boy are they wrong!!!! I wish they would gather and read all the infromation I have and then come to a conclusion. But instead they come to uninformed conclusions!!!!!!!! Happy lowcarbing smuffy
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 11:49

Plan: Atkins, Newcastle
Stats: 260/221.8/165 Female 5'3"
BF:Highest weight 260
Progress: 40%

Low carb diets..."trick you into feeling successful "

Omigod! I've been tricked again. And I thought I was actually losing weight. I guess Dr Atkins must be sneaking into my bathroom every few nights and adjusting my scale.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 11:54

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 195/176/125
BF:too much
Progress: 27%
Default Wow!

Turtle: Is THAT how the woosh fairies do it!!!
:-)
Nedra
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 13:28

All I know is between the woosh faries and dr. Atkins sneeking in to my washroom to change my scale I am losing weight and feel great!!!!!
Keep up the sneeking dr atkins and woosh faries..................... cause I like this new body I am getting. lol
Happy low carbing smuffy
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 17:25

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Yeah, right. And while they're at it, they're also replacing the tags on my clothes and those at the store to make me think I'm fitting into smaller clothes (by several sizes) when in reality I'm the same size and messing with my tape measure so that I think I'm losing inches. Oh...and they're paying all my friends and relatives to comment on the fact that I'm about 30% smaller than I used to be and how great I'm looking...that must be it. How could I have been tricked so badly?
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 18:04

Plan: Atkins (loosely)
Stats: -/-/- Female 60
BF:
Progress: 40%

Don't you realize it's a trick and that one day you will go to sleep and wake up 100 lbs heavier.

But don't worry. When that happens you can sue McDonald and say it's all their fault
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 19:14

Well I love hummor and ladies this has been a laught. Thanks I needed this today. We can keep losing the weight and laughting at the sceptics and trickster.................lol
Happy low ccarbing SMuffy