Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Jan-18-03, 17:06

Plan: Atkins-modified
Stats: 371/194/175 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey Ali, It's funny you mentioned that, but i do sometimes catch myself looking in the mirror and trying to figure out who she is. People i haven't seen in years don't recongize me at all. Sometimes i puff my cheeks out and say, "It's me, Toni!"

Toni
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Jan-18-03, 18:13
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Toni! Just a 'congrats' on your success so far. That's amazing!

--
Kristine
(in St Catharines )
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 08:02

BF:

Hey Kristine,
Thanks so much for the support.

p.s. We are neighbors, i bet we have crossed paths at Fairview Mall or the Pen afew times. At least now with my pic on here, you will know what i look like and if you see me around town, please say Hi. I'll sure do the same!

Toni
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 08:39

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

Hi Toni, I wanted to come and read your story of success. Congratulations on your loss so far! You are an inspiration! And I see you got up the nerve to post your pics too! What a difference! See you in the big ladies club thread
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 10:48

BF:

Hiya Darklotus,
Thanks so much for the support. You are doing a wonderful job yourself. Keep up the great work and i sure will see you in the Big ladies club. Hey soon, we will have to start a new thread, the "Thin Ladies Club"

Toni
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 21:49
Vorsicht! heiß

Plan: SureSlim Wellness Clinic
Stats: 225.6/188.8/160 Female 5'8
BF:34%/24%/24%
Progress: 56%

Hello CanadianT and Welcome,

Congratulations on your success so far!!! You should start your own journal ..there you can inspire others along the way and it is a great idea for you to keep track of things and meet new people. Come visit me and see what it is all about.

I hope to read more from you...

Congratulations again

Mischa
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 04:48

Plan: CAD/sureslim
Stats: 275/?/190
BF:
Progress: 9%

Hi Toni,
Thanks so much for your words of encouragement. I really needed them today because I weighed at exactly the same weight still. No more loss..again. I was doing all of the right things and even cutting down on meat keeping total calories in mind but she just sits there and won't move. I have been eating my 20 carbs or less each day. I have been walking every day except today, as it was way too hot and I am busy watering my garden to keep it alive. It's good to know that it took a while for you so that gives me hope that it will happen. Guess my body is just hanging in there to see where this new WOL is going.

I'd love to swap some heat for the pork rinds LOL...and some green grass with lots of rain.
We are having a terrible time with the bushfires.(wildfires I think you call them) On Sat night nearly 400 homes were burnt out in Canberra. It is really bad and the worst is still to come. Today and tomorrow they were forecasting total fire bans with high temps and hot north winds. There are fires all over the alpine region. We are in drought so everything is crisp and dry. WE still have another month or two of very hot weather ahead so we could see a lot more disaster...it's the worst on record. I feel very sad for the people and wildlife who are suffering.
Wow your photos really show a difference...must make you feel great. Congrats.
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 06:57

BF:

Hi Mischa, I actually just started my journal yesterday. I will try to update in there at least once a week. It's so nice to meet other low carber's and to know that i am not alone on this journey. I'll be checking your journal out as soon as i am done here. Thanks again!!

Hey Yogibear, I am so sorry to hear about the horrible weather you are having right now. I guess i shouldn't complain about the snow and freezing temps. I wish i could send an envoy of dumptrucks filled with snow to help put out those wildfires It must be a very scarey time for you, and my prayers are with you and all your neighbors.
I have hit so many stalls myself, so don't get down about. The most important thing is that you are feeling better physically. Sometimes the scale takes abit longer to show your progress. I remember for awhile i wasn't loosing weight, and i got so discouraged that i stopped weighing myself for a month. I still kept LC'ing and exercising. When i finally got the nerve up to weigh myself, i was down 10lbs, and that was a wonderful surprise. So just know, we have all been there, it's just apart of the loosing process. Your on the right track with keeping your carbs down and exercising, just have abit of patience and the weight will start dropping.

Toni
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 06:00

Plan: CAD/sureslim
Stats: 275/?/190
BF:
Progress: 9%

Thanks again Toni,
You're a real blessing.
I will keep it up and be patient. It's good to know it happens to others too.
Keep warm in all of that snow.
Thanks for your prayers about the fires. The worst is still ahead with 40deg forecast for the weekend...That's well over 105. Hmmm I'll forget the scales for a while as I'm sure to retain fluid. The fires are a long way from me so that's nice but there is still a month of hot weather ahead and the alps are buring with mnay fires out of control...such is life in a drought in Australia.
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 17:06

BF:

Ali, it was hard getting up the nerve to put my pics on here. But i did it, and now i am waiting to see yours

Yogibear, my prayers are with you!!!