Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 12:18
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 312/159.5/150 Female 64 inches
BF:34
Progress: 94%
Default not losing weight

hi,

i've been lc'ing for almost 4 months now. and this month i have lost a whole 1 lb. what gives? i am posting my menu for yesterday, and would love any suggestions to get things moving again...

bfast......piece of steak
lunch......piece of fish and 2 c green beans
dinner.....1 bowl of chicken soup with celery & 1/2 cup chicken with mushrooms

snack...2 tablespoons cream cheese with 1 pkt splenda and 1 tbsp non sweetened cocoa

and 64 oz water

thanks in advance for any replies......
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 12:45

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: not losing weight

Quote:
Originally posted by moonbeam_2
i've been lc'ing for almost 4 months now. and this month i have lost a whole 1 lb. what gives? .
Hey, Moonbeam, be a little easier on yourself! You lost 1 whole lb this month, but you've lost 56 lbs since October

What you're experiencing is probably a 'time out'. Your body is taking a break and adjusting to its new size. It's normal, it's happened to many of us, and it's something you just have to endure.

Have you measured lately? Often this kind of slowdown in scale loss is replaced with inches lost. Sometimes it isn't - sometimes we hit a plateau.

Have a look through the Stalls / Tips forum for some ideas on what others have done to try and help themsevles through this. But keep in mind, if your body needs a break, it's taking one.

Hang in there,
Nat
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 17:49
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Moonbeam...I have been there!!! How frustrating, but don't panic about it...LOTS of other things are happening that don't show their results on the scale!!

I was the turtle of weight loss on this board for months...got a jolt in November and now have only 15 more to go!

It will pick up again...hang in there!!

#4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 19:22
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 312/159.5/150 Female 64 inches
BF:34
Progress: 94%
Default thanks

ddmariana...thanks for your encouraging reply! i did measure and it seems like i have lost an inch around my waist. so maybe it's not all that bad . but i am one of those impatient dieters that gets upset if i don't see some sort of loss every week. what i have to realize is that this is a woe, and not just a diet.

Natrushka.....thanks for the encouragement! you look great btw! i like the thought that if my body needs a break, then it will take one. i guess i just have to be more patient....

thanks again guys!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 19:52

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by moonbeam_2
what i have to realize is that this is a woe, and not just a diet.
That's the right attitude And thank you

Congrats on the inch!
Nat