Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Reply  Back to story:  110 down, 25 to go.

View Article Article tools
  #16   ^
Old Sat, Jan-18-03, 12:15

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 171/135/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 116%
Default RE: Merimac

Quote:
Originally posted by ColbyJax
Hehe, thanks everyone....

Bonnie, my band is called Merimac, and we play all the pubs and bars downtown. (Fife and Drum, Alehouse, Splitcrow...etc)

http://merimac.compactaudio.net

One of the many things I've done over the past year...hehe

I will check out your site any reason for this specific name just asking cause my last name is Merriam and is a Nova Scotia seafaring name from down shore...Parrsboro...Port Greville area...( lot's of Fillmore's from there, aren't related to Brian are ya?)...all hubby's male relatives were seafaring folks back when mastering and sailing Schooners were the main source of employment in that area...great Museum dedicated to this WOL in PG, NS...SVT is playing a benefit tonight at Dolan's Pub in Fredericton along with lot's of local talent...the proceeds go towards a music schlorship in memory of Bill MaCulley (died at a young age of diabetes)...excellent keyboard player...you may have heard of him...played keyboards for Rita McNeill for awhile and am sure played in clubs in your area along with Dave Gallant who is also a musician in your area originally from Fredericton...anyhoo enough of the history lesson and musician talk .. you are doing fantastic will look forward to reading future posts...B
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Jan-18-03, 17:37

Plan: Atkins-modified
Stats: 371/194/175 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Way to go Colby! I really wish i could see your before and after pics, but for some reason, my puter won't let me OH well, keep up the good work and Play ON!!!!

Toni
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 10:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 312/225/180 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 62%

Thanks again for the nice replies

Yeah, I know Brian. He's my father

I go up to PG all the time. Everyone up there had no idea it was me the last time I was up, because I lost so much weight. Amazing how small the world is

Bruce
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 11:37

BF:
Talking Small world indeed!

Quote:
Thanks again for the nice replies

Yeah, I know Brian. He's my father

I go up to PG all the time. Everyone up there had no idea it was me the last time I was up, because I lost so much weight. Amazing how small the world is

Bruce

I showed hubby your pic and he remarked how much you resembled your Dad before we knew for sure you were related I am sure you are aware your grandmother Fern's mother was a Merriam...according to hubby a sister to his grandfather Merriam..we were to PG a couple of summmers ago where we talked briefly to your dad ...he was having a yard sale... we were visiting with another couple showing them PG and surroundings.... who would have thunk LC would have made PG seem such a small world by the way hubby and I have been following LC since Dec '99 and he has lost over 50 lbs...If you remember his dad Dick he was built just like him but is now very svelte....... hope to catch you play sometime we are in Halifax area B
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Jan-19-03, 22:50

BF:

I know many Merriam's. Donna comes to the house all the time. I'm sure somehow we are related.

So far, I've lost 110 pounds, and my brothers have lost 50+ each. Seems this diet is the lost secret for my family. I've gotten close to 30 people on this diet so far. I was told I was an idiot in the beginning.

Dad has onset diabetes, and I was told I was going to get it too, so this was the answer. Now I have a clean bill of heath.
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 05:35

BF:
Default RE: diabetes

Quote:
I know many Merriam's. Donna comes to the house all the time. I'm sure somehow we are related.

So far, I've lost 110 pounds, and my brothers have lost 50+ each. Seems this diet is the lost secret for my family. I've gotten close to 30 people on this diet so far. I was told I was an idiot in the beginning.

Dad has onset diabetes, and I was told I was going to get it too, so this was the answer. Now I have a clean bill of heath.

Bruce...so great this WOL is working for you all diabetes runs in hubby's family as well...that and heart disease ...isn't it amazing how this WOL seems to have a domino effect....many folks have questioned us both after seeing our postive results and have started LCarbing...next time your down home and see Donna say hi for us B
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 00:05

Plan: 40/35/25
Stats: 160/160/155 Female 5'10
BF:25/23/18
Progress: 0%

You look great!

You deserve all the compliments you are getting, I am sure it shows in your music as well, nice to reveal who you really are, isnt it!!

cheers, from the other side of canada

jodi
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Jan-23-03, 06:44

BF:
Smile

Thank you
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Jan-28-03, 22:43
Wombat Ashramite

Stats: 00/00/00 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hey Bruce,

We have almost the same low-carb anniversary. I started on the day after Valentine's Day, last year (I wanted the chocolate, sue me). So far I'm down approximately 70 lbs (I just ditched ye-olde scale when I started a weight-lifting program) in a year.

It's so true what you said about small losses adding up over time. I wish more people wouldn't give up because they didn't like their rate of loss. I've had months where I've lost nothing and months where I've lost 10lbs. If I hadn't stuck with the program (which I HAVE to, because the alternative will kill me dead) I wouldn't be here now, wearing a size I haven't worn for more than 10 years.

Congratulations. A great smile and a guitar? You must be beating them off with a stick. Have fun and enjoy yourself, you've earned it.

Ciao, Lisa
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Jan-30-03, 14:13

Stats: 235/167/167 Female 167cm
BF:45%/25.5%/20%
Progress: 100%

Colby...congrats...what awesome results!

You look amazing! You are a real pin up Boy for this WOL!

Lesley
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Jan-30-03, 14:39

Stats: 225/190.5/150 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 46%

Bruce you look fabulous darling! Way to go and sticking with low-carb when your brothers were giving it up! It sure isn't easy.
I'll bet you are an inspiration to those around you and I hope your Dad sees your success and gives it a try too. (with docs assistance).

By the way you no longer resemble a Bare Naked Lady but you'll have plenty chasing you!

Gonna try and listen to some sound bites thanks.
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Jan-30-03, 15:13

Stats: 173/148/150 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 109%
Default Way to go Bruce!

Bruce,
Congratulations on your magnificent achievement. Your results are awesome. Way to go!!!!!!!

Dan
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Jan-31-03, 03:58

Stats: 140/130/125 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 67%

wow, i would like to congratulate u on the weight loss.. you look great. you are truly an inspiration!!!!!!
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Jan-31-03, 23:03

Plan: here and there since 11/02
Stats: 233/?/140 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 24%

....... CJax....

WOW.... how wonderful for you!!!

I guess you won't be alone this Valentine's Day!!!

I will click on your picture often... it makes me smile and it reminds me there is a light at the end of this LC rainbow!!!!

Thank you!

M-
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Feb-03-03, 13:03

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up Wonderful Achievement

Hi Bruce

Congratulations on your weight loss, you have done so well and in under a year. Your photos are great and you show how much things can change with a bit of perservance.

As you say, it is not the speed of loss that counts, but the fact that it keeps on coming with time. Your posts reflect a lovely personality too. May this Valentines day be a great day for you.

It is interesting how people do get fixated on how quickly they can loose weight, so much depends upon your own metabolism and I hope to make 50 pounds in 19 months. Slow, but consistent and it is paying off.

All the best to you and your band.