Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-16-03, 11:21

Plan: Mod Atkins
Stats: 170/162/110 Female 5 ft
BF:
Progress: 13%
Question Server Too Busy

Why is it latley when I'm posting a messsage. It won't let me post I'll get a message saying that the server is too busy , try again then it deletes my message. How can I save the message then resend it? Or how do I avoid this problem.

Josie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-16-03, 11:29
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%

hi Josie,

Yes, our forum and website have been overwhelmed with viewers and new members since the New Year, and especially since Dr. Atkins appeared on Larry King Live! on Jan 6. Lowcarbing has skyrocketed in popularity, and ours is one of the most popular sites. We're working hard to make improvements, and things should be back to normal very soon.

In the meantime, I've found the best way to ensure your post goes through when you get the "server too busy" message, is to just wait a few minutes, then click on your browser's Refresh button. This will prompt a dialog box to resend the information, so just click "OK". You may have to do this a couple of times, but it WILL go through eventually. Using the back button may delete the message, or if you hit the Submit button again, may result in multiple posts.

Another thing you might do, if it's a long post, is use to use your mouse to highlight the whole post, then copy it just before you submit. That way, if the post does get lost in cyberspace, you can at least open a new reply box, and paste your copied post there.

hth,

Doreen
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-16-03, 11:36

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Josie, I keep my MS notepad open on my desktop whenever posting anything longer than two lines and I automatically hit "control+a" for Select All then "control+c" for "copy" and I put it in the notepad, just in case. It has saved me a lot of frustration.

Nat
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-17-03, 06:26

Plan: Mod Atkins
Stats: 170/162/110 Female 5 ft
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Thanks

It's good to see more people finally getting the message (that low carb is the way to go).

Josie