Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-03, 21:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/174/130 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default It's Time To Break The Ice!

Hello Everyone!
I have been a lurker for over a month, joined the site have posted a few times too. But I thought maybe it's time to introduce myself!

I am 34 year old female who has had problems with my weight in my pre-teens. Was a long distant bicyclists in my teens (so no weight problem then) until...my early twenties (when i got married and also had a bicycle accident) . I have been lc-ing since Nov 2 2002. Have lost 23 pounds and I really believe that if I had not found the Low-Carb way of eating...I never would have had the will power to lose weight.
My Brother and his Wife started last year (Jan) and each has lost over 50 pounds, my Aunt and Uncle are also having great success.
I guess one of the biggest thing that has happened in my life for me to realize that I really had to do something quick was.....

My User Id are the antique car and truck that my DH and I own. We joined a car club called the Early Ford V8. They go on monthly day tours and several times a year do a 2-3 day tour. Well in Sept we went to Lake Lure NC (Beautiful Trip) But one of the things I realised was My husband and I were the youngest couple by a couple of decades. But I was also the heaviest of the women by several decades of pounds too. We danced at a Halloween Party at the Inn. And I just hated the outfit that I had to wear because nothing really fits all that great anyway.

Another thing is I moved to the small town in my teens (Skinny Me) When I got married my husband was in the Navy we lived in Charleston SC for 3 years (Did Not Help My Weight) and then when I moved back...I would do just about anything to keep from shopping or going up town to avoid seeing anyone I know. And it is such a small town. On Jan 9th I joined the local civic center and I have started lifting weights 3 days a week (What A Mile Stone For Me) Not the weights, but the public appearances.

Well Thanks For Listening To My Story!
I feel like I already know some of you from being able to read your post and journals! (I now have a Gym Log---and will be working on Journal!)
I just want to let you all know how much you inspire me every day!

Wishing You All The Best!

Here's To Cruisin Into My New Way of Life and My New Body!
Julie
37-48Ford
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-03, 22:21

Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hello Julie - how nice that you came out and posted your Introduction. Sounds as though you are doing really well already. Losing those first pounds is a great encouragement to get exercising, isn't it? And that will help change your body shape and composition faster.

#3   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-03, 22:24

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/198.6/170 Female 67inches
BF:
Progress: 52%

Julie, glad to see you joined in. I think for most lurkers, after that first post or two, it becomes second nature to post. This is a great site. Lots of great people, and great info welcome
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-15-03, 21:07

BF:
Default Thanks!

Hello Tofi and Molmerlin!
Thanks For The Warm Welcome!

Ya know ...I think I have figured out my addiction to Carbs, But now what about this website!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-16-03, 07:45
Registered Member

Plan: somersize/atkins
Stats: 172/160/140
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default Nice Car!

I am really envious of your cars! They look awesome. Did you fix them up or buy them as they are? Congratulations on your weight lost. I too have been lurking around, trying to decide wich forum to join. I only wanted to join one and there are alot of them on the Internet. This one has been great so far. Nice to meet you!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jan-16-03, 08:24

BF:
Default Hey Thanks Foxylady!

Hey Thanks For Dropping By My Post!

I am glad you decided on this site...I think it it great too!
Congrats on Your Weight Loss Too! Hope To See Ya Around Here!

About the cars...they are my babies...(I don't have children!)
As for fixing them up or buying them as is...Well alittle of both.
We have had the (Black 1937) for a little over two years...And my husband completely rebuilt the engine and it is now in the garage getting painted. As for the (1948 truck) just bought it in Nov 2002.
We have done some slight painting (Under fenders)...Other than that we just drive'em!!

I looked at your profile...I am jealous of you being a
Horticulturist. I love to garden too! But mine is mostly trial and error I just wish we would get regular rain! This past season we are up quite a bit...maybe it will keep it up through out the year! I just started heirloom vegetable gardening last year!
And I try to keep most of my flowering stuff heirloom too!

Well This Has Been Fun!
Keep In Touch!
Julie!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jan-16-03, 14:34
Registered Member

Plan: somersize/atkins
Stats: 172/160/140
BF:
Progress: 38%

Yes, I love my job, but one thing about turning a much loved hobby into your occupation: You don't want to do it at home. My poor houseplants hardly ever get watered at home! I'm hoping that once the kids are older, I will start doing more gardening just for fun. If you ever have any gardeniing questions, let me know. That's what i do. ANswer questions, research, select new varieites to sell. Lot sof fun stuff. I even got to go to Holland last year to Floriade 2002. Very wonderful!