Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-03, 00:27

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: 185/183/160 Female 5'5
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 8%
Default Maybe switching plans

Hi,
I am getting to wacko on Atkins. I am soooooo "fearful" of carbs that I make myself obsessive about them. I love LC'ing, I just want to act normal. I used to have anorexia(MANY years ago).I guess the obsessive tendencies never quite disappear!
So I've been leaning to PP or CAD. I have 14 pounds left to lose. I pretty much stalled out for a couple weeks on Atkins induction levels. I'm feeling that im TOO low carb anyhow(under 20 some days to 23 or so). I just don't want to live on induction and I'm too scared to add carbs. Ok, time to switch plans, huh?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-14-03, 04:46
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 58%

It might/might not be. Maybe you just need to slowly up your carbs to a level where you ease into maintenance on Atkins. Dr. A describes the process in his book. If you are thinking of switching to CAD you need to go to the CAD website and take the test to see if you are a carbohydrate addict (CA) as the Hellers describe. This WOE is only for CAs. If you are a CA you can give CAD/CALP a try to see if it's the right WOE for you. You have to realize though that lc is not a diet but a WOL.