Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-11-03, 12:49

Plan: Adkins faithfully but still drinking caffeine
Stats: 154/150/130
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Anyone loose weight w/ still drinking caffiene

I cannot do this w/ out caffiene but IM only have 1-2 cups of coffee per day and a diet coke. Im eating everything else totally faithfully.

Anyone ever lose weight while still drinking caffiene?

Please tell me! Thanks.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-11-03, 13:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

Yep, some people consume caffiene and still loose, but others don't. You'll have to see see where you fall in that. Be sure to count the carbs in the coffee and/or the cream/sweetener you use.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jan-11-03, 13:08

BF:

Thanks.

I use Splenda in my coffee w/ heavy cream......I go light on it. I feel lightheaded somewhat so I do think my body is doing something different. I also seem to pee a lot more.......Is that normal? Maybe the body is getting rid of water......

This morning I had a 2 egg omlet and cheese and about 4 bacon strips. Its only 1 o'clock her in Illinois but I already feel light-headed and just ate about 1 hour ago....
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jan-11-03, 13:23

Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

This way of eating is naturally diuretic, so yep, urinating more is quite common. You could probably set a stop watch to some of our bladders!

One of my symptoms for carb withdraw was light headedness - since you are still early on on induction, that could very well be it.

Make sure that you eat enough - less food is not a normal part of this way of eating - great isn't it!?
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jan-11-03, 23:29
Registered Member

Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Hi Amy...

I'm one of those who never gave up my coffee, and sometimes even indulge in the afternoon. I use half and half and sweet & low in a very large cup for my morning brew. It has a carb count of about 7!! But I drink it slowly and make it last while I"m online checking out these boards!!

I have not noticed that it has affected me in a stall or anything, although I know that some cannot handle it. You seem to be losing, so maybe you are not triggered by it. If you experience problems down the road, try to cut it with some decaf and see if that helps.

#6   ^
Old Sat, Jan-11-03, 23:34
Registered Member

Plan: none
Stats: 248/236/158 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 13%

I havent cut out any caffienne YET.......... but probably will when i come to a stall and cant go anywhere on that scale? I dont always have coffee anymore, i have cut wayyyyyyyy back on that but i still have to have a diet soda or SOMETHING in the afternoons
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jan-12-03, 07:51

BF:

Thanks everyone. Looking at your stats its easy to see you are doing quite well even w/ the coffee. It makes me feel better. I don't think I really even get a caffeine high off coffee Ive been drinking it so long and I think Im immune to it.

I know my cousin did it with caffeine. Thanks again!