Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, May-03-08, 14:12

Plan: M&E, Atkins!
Stats: 240/219.2/180 Female 5ft8in
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default This day sucked.--please help!

Well I finished my meeger challenge and then my day got bad. One thing spiraled into another and it got worse and worse (even getting into a car accident only minor other guys fault) but as you can see i lost it.

So what did i do?

I did what I USED to do.. i BiNGED

and I BINGED BAD! I went for toast.... followed by a pear.....followed by more toast...

then after crying I decided to have a chocolatebar!

Oh and Mcdonalds for dinner.. I dont even remember going through the drive thru!! ((Go figure i didnt eat the bun?!?!))

Anyway I need to write this down.

This is the first time ive "cheated" Like this. I feel disgusting. I feel like im about to burst I dont like this feeling.. I am sugar drunk.

I dont know what to do to get back on track? I will IF tomorrow.. and eat tomorrow night.. something healthy already poached some chicken breasts and boiled some eggs.

But Im wanting soemthing to purge this badness from my body. HOPEFULLY by Tues Ill be back in Ketosis!

Please... Help me! I need some insight for I dont even know what to do. I am shaking as im typing this.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-03-08, 14:41

Plan: LC w/o "counting" carbs.
Stats: 320/259/185 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 45%

((HUGS))
Tomorrow is another day.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-03-08, 14:53
Registered Member

Plan: high fat low carb
Stats: 200/200/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Don't beat yourself up. Things happen that derail people sometimes. You fell. You cried. Tomorrow you will pick yourself back up and keep going. You are not weak because you fell, you are strong because you stand again and keep on. I don't know what IF is, but if it is a fast--DON'T DO IT. You will only reinforce all the bad habits you've learned all these years.
Go back to the Atkins book to reinforce good habits. Eat tomorrow, if you feel the need, increase your fat intake, or do Atkins fat fast.
You've been doing great so far. It will take a while to retrain yourself to this WOL, so don't despair. Sending some strength to you........
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-03-08, 14:54

Plan: Whole 30 / IF
Stats: 195/175/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 36%

You'll soon be back in ketosis. As far as a derailed day goes it doesn't seem that bad to me. Who's perfect? At least you're going right back.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, May-03-08, 14:55
Scottish Flower

Plan: Lighter Life
Stats: 210/171/145 Female 5ft 3 1/2
BF:no i'm married :)
Progress: 60%

Jen

First thing i would say is do NOT punish yourself tomorrow. If intermittent fasting feels right to you cos you aren't hungry then fine go ahead but don't get into a binge/purge cycle that can be really hard to break. I know this from bitter personal experience. Instead treat yourself to a really lucious lowcarb menu, obviously induction level carbs but make it as yummy as possible, i know you can

I used to be a zombie when i binged and i did it practically everyday, it CAN get better and you can learn ways to help yourself head them off in future, it takes time but it really is possible. You are part of the way there by coming here and talking about what you did and how you feel.

take care
  #6   ^
Old Sat, May-03-08, 15:31

Plan: Atkins/PP blend
Stats: 163.4/157/145 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 35%

I echo everyone's sentiments, especially Daisy's. It might be better for you to NOT skip meals tomorrow, but start the day with a good and big bacon and eggs breakfast. I might skip lunch (I do several days a week anyway), but then have the dinner you talked about having.

I think the key is to get the blood sugar stabilized, which the bacon and eggs will do, and then move forward like you wish to move forward. But then again, bacon and eggs is my "signal" food that I'm going to eat according to plan from that moment on!

Bad moments happen... but you're showing that you're able to overcome that and hop right back on the wagon.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, May-03-08, 16:01
Registered Member

Plan: who knows
Stats: 337/204/180 Female 67 inches
BF:100% pure
Progress: 85%

Hey, you went through the drivethru at McDonald's but you *didn't* eat the bun. You said that! That is a victory when you have a mini-binge. Rather than focusing on the problem period, focus on the fact that you did something that you would not have done before when you got into that situation.

You didn't eat the bun, and that is great!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, May-03-08, 16:07
Registered Member

Plan: Neocarnivore
Stats: 375/345/250 Male 74 inches
BF:
Progress: 24%

I agree with the idea of stabilizing your blood sugar. You don't need cravings on top of everything else. We often need to trick our body into thinking we are satisfying our reflex for sugar and carbs by feeding it well and often with fats and protein.

Read and re-read some low carb books and read and post here as often as possible. Peer support is key.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, May-03-08, 16:20
Think Pink

Plan: ♥Calorie Counting
Stats: 265/195/175 Female 5' 10"
BF: a few
Progress: 78%

Hey ChefJen --- story of my life!! I don't know if I'll ever be cured from the "binge monster" but at times I can keep it at bay. DO NOT beat yourself up - pick up and get back on tomorrow. That is what's most important. It happens - let it go. Easy for me to say - I know -- but I know what you're going through. You're doing great - keep it up. There will be many bumps in the road - just pick yourself back up.....
  #10   ^
Old Sat, May-03-08, 17:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 250/130/150 Female 5' 1"
BF:Not anymore!
Progress: 120%

I agree with everyone else...it's so easy after a bad day to say, "well, I might as well take another day..." - on that path lies disaster. I've learned that I don't have to be perfect - I just have to stay with it. Just jump right back on it tomorrow (and I agree with not trying to fast - just make sure you eat the right stuff).
  #11   ^
Old Sat, May-03-08, 19:00
Great seller! A+++++

Plan: mine
Stats: 123/456/789 Female 2'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefjen
Well I finished my meeger challenge and then my day got bad. One thing spiraled into another and it got worse and worse (even getting into a car accident only minor other guys fault) but as you can see i lost it.

So what did i do?

I did what I USED to do.. i BiNGED

and I BINGED BAD! I went for toast.... followed by a pear.....followed by more toast...

then after crying I decided to have a chocolatebar!

Oh and Mcdonalds for dinner.. I dont even remember going through the drive thru!! ((Go figure i didnt eat the bun?!?!))

Anyway I need to write this down.

This is the first time ive "cheated" Like this. I feel disgusting. I feel like im about to burst I dont like this feeling.. I am sugar drunk.

I dont know what to do to get back on track? I will IF tomorrow.. and eat tomorrow night.. something healthy already poached some chicken breasts and boiled some eggs.

But Im wanting soemthing to purge this badness from my body. HOPEFULLY by Tues Ill be back in Ketosis!

Please... Help me! I need some insight for I dont even know what to do. I am shaking as im typing this.

Wow! You've had the day from Funkybutt Junction!

I think you did some GREAT things. you opted for fruit, protein and a slight amount of bread. Really, I wouldn't say you fell off the wagon or started backstroking through vats of pudding.

Many folks occasionally eat off plan. Just make the next thing you put into your mouth 'legal' and keep on keeping on.

You're going to be ok!
  #12   ^
Old Sat, May-03-08, 20:38

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 262.2/247.2/204 Female 5ft 1/2 inch
BF:
Progress: 26%

You've come a long way! don't let 1 little binge set you back ..dust yer self off and carry on.
  #13   ^
Old Sat, May-03-08, 21:09

Plan: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Stats: 212/162/155 Male 68 "
BF:32/23.5/23.5
Progress: 88%

Quote:
This day sucked.--please help!

You answered yourself in your statement, it's just a day!

Binge eating was an everyday part of my life, but through awareness I eventually stopped it. I still overeat at times, but not binges like before. If I can do it, in time you can too..

Best wishes to you...
  #14   ^
Old Sun, May-04-08, 06:09

Plan: keto/atkins/no cow dairy
Stats: 230/217/170 Female 5" 8'
BF:
Progress: 22%

You have done so well! I agree, go easy on yourself today. Don't punish yourself. I do find personally that drinking water (constantly sipping all day long) after a wagon fall helps me get back on track really easily.
We've all been there. Really, nobodies perfect.
Take care and best wishes for a bright, low-carb day!
Cerridwen
  #15   ^
Old Sun, May-04-08, 12:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 302/242/180 Female 5'7" (170 cm)
BF:
Progress: 49%

Just remember: Failure is not falling down. Failure is *staying* down!

Good luck tomorrow. As someone said it is a whole 'nother day