Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Feb-18-08, 07:00
Registered Member

Plan: PP/Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/137/137 Female 5'6"
BF:28%
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic86
i really cant give you any concrete numbers my eating schedule is erratic at best, sometimes i eat 3 times a day sometimes only once; most of the time i just eye it, its not like you have to have exact percentages, what your eating is great, to be honest there are days when i want to pig out on protein and others when i dont even want to touch it just want the most fat i can eat

the heavy cream you buy is carrageenan free i take it? i simply cant get any or id be drinking it too believe me

the fact that heavy cream and meat holds your appetite for a long time somehow does not surprise me

why would you have a problem on a trip? what store doesnt carry sour cream, meat and cream cheese? even if you cant get heavy cream its not like your committing heresy by eating other high fat dairy; be flexible, heavy cream is great but your not going to always be able to get your hands on some, so have widely-available alternatives in mind

~wifezilla - interesting thing i just remembered... my favourite food before i ever did low carb was fried chicken wings with blue cheese...oh man i used to eat TONS of them...and people would always tell you how their super bad for your health... life is not without a sense of irony

i never did forgive my parents for forcing me to eat vegetables when i was young... -_-

The cream I have has that in it. It's just seaweed or something, isn't it? I guess I better research it. But I doubt it will make me give it up. I won't give up aspartame or MSG, and I doubt this is any worse!!! I haven't noticed any problems with it and lose weight very fast when I add a lot of cream and decrease my protein.

I don't' stay on plan on vacation b/c of the stress of it, the temptations of it, etc. I am not good with just eating the same thing day after day, but for the trip, I will try it, b/c I don't want to go off plan!

Well, if you can just give me an idea of how much you eat on average, that would be great. Not that the eating habits and amounts of a 21 year old male would apply to me!