Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#151   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 12:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/138/130 Female 5'4 1/2
BF:
Progress: 89%
Default hey hey hey. LC'in Wagoneers

How is everyone doing today?? I am doing better I may report.. just wanted to find out Wendye where is ya????....... ..

I am the first to fall sorry
todays eats I have been a little bit of a bad girl but I have an excuse

2am 4 pecan delights SF

9am 4more pecan delights SF

omlet with cheese

salad with ranch dressing ton of sunflower seeds

dinner chicken and I will NOT eat anymore today.. oopps

gallons and gallons of water

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome aboard
Tricia, Joanie, sewcrazy, Beth, Maggie and Lori Jo
Sponsored Links
  #152   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 12:39

Plan: My own LC plan
Stats: 322/290/200 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 26%

Atrsy, I was posting at the same time as you.. I watched Oprah yesterday too and came away with the little tip for not eating two to three hours before you go to bed. If you have that "I could eat something" feeling when you go to bed. Then the fat in our front butts will be attacked during the night! I'm sold!!! Went to bed with that feeling and look what happened!

Theresa.. Cuba Gooding is a beautiful man! The pic is a bit fuzzy, I didn't know who it was at first.

Antonio Banderas, where?? I thought that was the lead singer from Creed. ???

I've been doing very well these past few days and I'm feeling ligher every day. Stepped on the scale this morning and it said 303. So, somethings working here. I will adjust my stats on Sunday. I figure things will come off quikley in the beginning. It's the long run that turns into a slug race.. It's been hard drinking the water, cause it's cold and I want to drink warm things when it's cold. So, I'm going to make a big pot of chicken vegatable soup this afternoon. That way I'll get some warm water in me.

Ohmygawd, Ela's cooking! Hang onto the wagon everyone, there's a tsunami coming!

Last edited by ERSmith45 : Fri, Jan-03-03 at 12:47.
  #153   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 13:48

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 245/241/160
BF:
Progress: 5%

Ela -

You're one wild and crazy woman! Congrats on the 2 lb loss! Maybe it's all the laughing we do here?

(sigh) Harrison Ford... (sigh)

and then, I just adore... PAUL

Breathe away, Carol!
  #154   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 14:37
Carol CA

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default No Ketone breath here!

Yesterday I was in the pink... and today... for some unknown reason... in the biege! Generally speaking, I love those Ketostix. They are like a pat on the back... but what's THIS about? Sheesh!

And then get this. I got up this a.m... went pee... stripped and weighed myself. Same as yesterday. I didn't have any water or food. I went back to bed for a couple of hours. "Oh, good... I have to pee again! I'll weigh myself before breakfast." I was heavier! Now HOW did THAT happen? I think I have a mischeiveous Whoosh Fairy in my corner... or senile. What do you want to bet I have a crabby OLD Whoosh Fairy who should have retired years ago... one who's forgetful and confused a lot. Okay... I want to exercise my trade-in option... NOW!

My sister emailed me about the Oprah show... but all the network shows were messed up in the Bay Area yesterday because of the damn football game! Something preempted Oprah here. The nerve! I tend to be more than a bit sceptical now about dieting advice. I mean... now that we KNOW that the food pyramid was a hoax along with fat-free advice, who can we trust but Dr. Atkins, each other and our own bodies? I watch programs like that for ideas... but not gospel. Did Oprah say anything about low-carbing? I predict that she will come over to this side someday... if she hasn't already.
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
  #155   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 15:08

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 171/135/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 116%
Default Re: No Ketone breath here!

Quote:
Originally posted by Carol CA
My sister emailed me about the Oprah show... but all the network shows were messed up in the Bay Area yesterday because of the damn football game! Something preempted Oprah here. The nerve! I tend to be more than a bit sceptical now about dieting advice. I mean... now that we KNOW that the food pyramid was a hoax along with fat-free advice, who can we trust but Dr. Atkins, each other and our own bodies? I watch programs like that for ideas... but not gospel. Did Oprah say anything about low-carbing? I predict that she will come over to this side someday... if she hasn't already.

Carol...yep she did mention LC ...she said she definitely was not following a "NO CARB" diet but has cut out things like white bread, white rice, starchy veggies like spuds but still eats brown rice and some fruits etc...I still find it amazing that folks still have the misperception that a LC WOE is "No Carb"...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH....anyhooooo..I see Sir Paul has arrived... ..ohhhhhbaby...on my trip back from Jolly old England this year struck up a conversation with one of the stewardess's on Air Canada...she mentioned that when they have an overnight in London they all stay in a flat...she stated the morning of my return flight she had risen early and went for a walk...all of a sudden a large dog out of nowhere came bounding towards her in a panic she froze to see Heather Mills run after the dog with Sir Paul following not too far behind her... now that would be one encounter I would have loved to have shared with her ...B
  #156   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 15:31

BF:

Hey there Bonnie Good to see you here.

You beat me to Carol's answer.
That would have been a lovely experience running into Sir Paul. sigh...

#157   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 16:06

BF:
Thumbs up Love Sir Paul!

Quote:
Originally posted by ERSmith45
Hey there Bonnie Good to see you here.

You beat me to Carol's answer.
That would have been a lovely experience running into Sir Paul. sigh...

Ela ...yes...I too need to jump on this LC Red Wagon...have always hated January because of all the mandatory celebrations wish I had been born in July.. also mandatory to have all the trimmings ie (cake and ice cream) as it is a family thingy especially with the cutey patuties...know I have put on weight since Christmas (once I got back on my feet, I had to sample all the goodies Mom and everyone seemed to think I needed and missed out on at Christmas and of course I willingly obliged ) but will seriously jump on board after the festivities are over...want to make this year the big one that I finally quit fooling around and reach goal weight ...this thread seems to be where it's at and where I will find all the help I need achieving that objective ...B
  #158   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 16:45

Stats: 050/029/000 Female 5ft, 8 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Ahhhhhh, still breathing heavy here. But you probably already know that from the odor of the ketones.

Ela, I missed that tip on Oprah. Thanks for letting me know. I need some help in that "frontal area", too. Now that I am a few pounds bigger, the undies are cutting in and creating yet another waistline. Just how many can I handle? It will be nice to have an excuse to go to bed early!

Why don't we all stop obsessing with this weight problem and just post our gains or losses weekly or better yet monthly? (not trying to rain on your parade, Ela. I think it's wonderful that you are seeing success already!) I just don't want to even think about it this year. Last year I obsessed all year and ended up feeling like a failure all the time. It's time for us to learn to love ourselves and not let this monster take over. We all know the plan and if we just stick to it, we can be proud of ourselves for our success.

This wagon is just shaking and rattling down that hill with all this laughter and fun. We will surely shake off some of our "extra" as we go.

Carol
  #159   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 17:10

Stats: 203/138/130 Female 5'4 1/2
BF:
Progress: 89%
Default Ela

Honies I am so proud of you!!!!!!!! really, now you did not have to perform any stunts to get that weight off did ya.. GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PUT UP BRUCE FOR ME!!!!!!!!! PLEASE I JUST LOVE HIM AND HE IS NOT THE BEST LOOKING BUT HEY GREAT SONGS AND GREAT ASS..ETS....

that would be springsteen...
  #160   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 17:47

BF:

Quote:
now you did not have to perform any stunts to get that weight off did ya..

Actually, it was somewhat of a stunt.. I stopped shoveling sugar in my mouth!

Here you go Vivi...

Here's your favorite part...

Atrsy, I'm not obsessing about my weight. I'm obsessing about sticking to my convictions. The weight will follow if I can stick to the promises I made to myself. The weight loss or gain is a gauge of how well we stick to our plans. Right? What else can we use to motivate ourselves and each other possitivly?
  #161   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 18:00
Carol CA

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally posted by Ela
I'm not obsessing about my weight. I'm obsessing about sticking to my convictions. The weight will follow if I can stick to the promises I made to myself. The weight loss or gain is a gauge of how well we stick to our plans. Right?
Right! Very well put, Ela.

I was going to say... speaking for myself only... that it's about TIME I obsessed over my weight. I've been trying for years to accept my weight... and all that did was invite more of it. It's not that I don't love myself the way I am. In fact, I love myself so much that I want me to be around for many more years.

I know what you're saying, though, Carol. I'm just not sure "obsession" applies to all of us... or heck... we wouldn't be yo-yo-ing! I think the fact that we go up and down a bit is only human. Maybe a better term would be "focussing"... and we're definitely attempting to get more focussed... some more than others. We'll get there eventually... and THEN we'll be "obsessing" about staying there! Now THAT kind of obsession, I'm looking forward to!
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
  #162   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 18:00

Stats: 195/182/135
BF:
Progress: 22%
Lightbulb Vivi We Have to Share!!!

I have died and gone to heaven, Bruce is here too. I am one happy person. My favourite all-time hunk *runs over to the CD player and cranks it* . I may never leave this thread. Just looking at the hunks lifts my heart and makes me feel lighter...

I am having a GREAT day!!!
  #163   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 18:08

Stats: 050/029/000 Female 5ft, 8 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Quote:
The weight will follow if I can stick to the promises I made to myself. The weight loss or gain is a gauge of how well we stick to our plans. Right?

You hit the nail on the head Ela. This is what we must do. Stick to the promises we make to ourselves. And I certainly agree that the weight loss or gain is a gauge of how well we stick to our plans, but we don't want to have those little bumps in the road regester in our subconcious as failures. This is why I am not going to think about the weight this time around. I will only focus on the goals I have set.

CarolCA, I like your idea of focus. I am going to only focus on the positive and for me, weight has been a negative for so long. I really would like to see some success this year!

I like this thread because everyone is so positive and this whole process should be fun! I will now focus on the ride and not worry about the destination.

Carol
  #164   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 18:26

BF:
Default Oprah's Contract

Quote:
Originally posted by ERSmith45
Actually, it was somewhat of a stunt.. I stopped shoveling sugar in my mouth!

Atrsy, I'm not obsessing about my weight. I'm obsessing about sticking to my convictions. The weight will follow if I can stick to the promises I made to myself. The weight loss or gain is a gauge of how well we stick to our plans. Right? What else can we use to motivate ourselves and each other possitivly?

Well said Ela! definitive part of your quote is:"The weight will follow if I can stick to the promises I made to myself. " and thus onto the most profound info I have ever gleened from the Oprah show and that is this:.....when she signed a contract to herself promising to stick with the program here is a small portion of what she agreed to...(will post a link to the actual full length contract)..."Furthurmore, throughout all my years I recognize that I have rarely, if ever been ABLE to attain this level of focus for a continuous period of six or more weeks when physically training for a goal. I also realize that this contract is solely with myself and carries no rewards, penalties or punishments other than those associated WITH THE REFLECTION OF THE STRENGTH OF MY CHARACTER"l

We have always been told we are our own worst enemies ..B
  #165   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 18:28

BF:

Quote:
I will now focus on the ride and not worry about the destination.

I like that one...