Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 10:30

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 198/183/165
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default Need help figuring this out on Fitday

Oh here is my dilema. I have a Power Rider that I love using but I am not sure how to add the activity to Fitday because it isn't listed. I was ondering if any of the seasoned Fitday users could help me out on this one
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 10:49

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

What exactly is a Power Rider?
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 12:05

BF:

A Power Rider is a riding maching that the seat goes up, the handles come back and you push your feet out. You have to use both legs and arms to work this machine or it wont work at all. It is really a full body work out. I will look for a picture of it and post it if I can.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 13:12

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Sounds like Muse's Ironhorse If it's what I'm thinking it is (and I'm still giggling at her demonstration in the restaurant on how you use it) try looking for a stationary bike where the arm attachments move back and forth; it would probably be close.

Nat
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 16:26

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 271/217/186 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default Same problem, only moreso!

I know just what you mean!

I love my Nordic Trak, but it is not listed.

Best thing is the general ski machine, as listed on FitDay.

You might try the same, since we are talking the same thing, use of both arms and legs to carry out an aerobic exercise, but work all major muscle groups at the same time.

Very good for the lower back, also!!

Does your machine adjust for resistance so that each individual can fine tune the workout to your own needs?

Of course, the caloric burn is somewhat understated for higher resistance settings, but you do get quite a few calories for the time expended on the ski machine entry. Give it a try.

NOW THEN:

I want to know how you enter home made goodies like pumpkin pie and various cheese and nut cookies on FitDay?

I have been finding some sugar free item with about the right level of carbs, and entering that, but of course the fat content and total calories are greatly understated.

There is an example on my food list for today:

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Public...%2EW%2E+Dimmitt

I have never even seen an Archway Sugar Free Shortbread, much less eaten it, but it had the correct carb grams for our homemade Atkin's biscotti that I had with my afternoon Espresso, so I plugged it in.

Is there some sensible way to plug in custom made items for FitDay? The ones I tried were rejected as not having sufficient nutrition info. Grrr.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 16:53

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: Same problem, only moreso!

Quote:
Originally posted by wwdimmitt
Is there some sensible way to plug in custom made items for FitDay? The ones I tried were rejected as not having sufficient nutrition info. Grrr.
What I do is open a second account with fitday (a working / custom account ) and enter all the foods of that recipe on one day. The total for the day is the total for the recipe. I then enter that info into my primary fitday account as a 'custom food' - if it was something like soup and I got 12 cups I'd enter it as that, if it was a batch of something you can't really measure I'd enter is as a 'serving' and then judge how much of a serving I ate each time.

There's a thread in the Newbies' Questions forum on Fitday tips and tricks you might want to read

HTH
Nat
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 23:02

BF:

Ok I found a picture of what a Power Rider looks like.