Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 02:51
13.5 pounds to go!

Plan: GF, Mod. Carb
Stats: 375.5/163/160 Female 66"
BF:60/28/24
Progress: 99%
Default Day 2 - trials and tribulations

Well, I successfully started on Atkins on January 1st! YEAH! I managed to eat a reasonable amount of food, and clocked in at about 15 carbs for the day.
I woke up this morning (day 2) with a WICKED headache, and nasty nausea!

I had to stay in bed until noon! I suppose it's actually a good thing that my husband was laid off, because he was able to watch the boys!

I also did well today, but because of nausea and sleeping off that "hangover", I only managed to eat about 10 carbs today. (5 carbs per meal, breakfast skipped). At around 4:00 this afternoon I got that familiar taste in my mouth.... and when I went to the bathroom it was confirmed, ketosis achieved! I was suprised that I was in ketosis on day 2.... not complaining!!

The only bummer I'm seeing right now is that I bought myself a great new scale, does the body fat thing, goes up to 330 pounds, etc. Well, I had figured that I had gone over the 330 mark, which is why I had re-set my start/current weights at 340 (my highest) since my clothes are fitting the way they did at my highest - tight and uncomfortable, and I was right.... when I step on the scale, I get "ERR" instead of a reading. It was dissapointing for me, and hopeful that I am not any higher than 340.

SO.....

My first mini-goal is going to be stepping on that scale, and actually seeing numbers instead of "ERR". That day will make me VERY HAPPY. Until then, I will keep on plugging along! I haven't had any major cravings, but then again, I also started back on Glucophage XR 1500mg/day (I have PCOS) and it is known to supress appetite, so I figured it would be good to do both at the same time

Now... if only I could cure my insomnia! (had it since hubby got laid off...crossing finger that he gets a new job...SOON!!)

Karen
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 03:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 266/197/168 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 70%

Welcome and congratulations you have started. Good for you!!!!
I think the nausea is normal, it is your body withdrawing from the carbs, sugar and caffeine. I only had massive headaches.

I bet by the end of the week you will already reach your mini goal and see numbers on your scale.

Continued good luck!!!!

Kathy
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 06:19

Plan: Atkins started 1/2/03
Stats: 302/260/185
BF:47/38/23
Progress: 36%
Default Ugh, the nausea has traveled here too!

Today is my second day on induction, and I actually posted to the Atkins board yesterday about my nausea. I thought I was going to die! It is still here this morning, and the thought of eggs about pushes me over the edge. But I think I will be able to gag down some cheese.

On other notes, just for fun, I tested today, even though it is only my second day, and I am already in the trace category for ketosis! I don't remember it happening so quick last time, but I sure won't complain.

And a final musing, I have decided that the reason so many people can stick with this long term is because the first two weeks are so horrid that anything after that seems like heaven! I know why I will be losing weight...because I can't even THINK about eating anything! HEE HEE...pretty deep for 7 AM!

Have a great day! Let's see if we can't make this board more active!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 10:22

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Induction blues...

First, congratulations to all of you for starting Induction...

I read all of your posts and it brought back (icky) memories. But I can tell you for sure that the headaches and discomfort passes (so to speak) and once you're on the other side of Induction, cravings disappear and you'll feel so much better. Kinda makes you wonder why we ate all that garbage to begin with when the withdrawal from it is this nasty, huh?

A good friend of mine once told me that the way to get to the other side of a big problem or hurdle is to go right through it. I was also going to mention that Induction is only 2 weeks, but I've been on it for months and months...because I have so much to lose...and I can assure you that I do not feel the way you describe or I wouldn't be able to do it for so long.

So I recommend being very good to yourselves during Induction. Do things, buy things, soak in a tub...whatever makes you happy. Because completing a good, clean Induction period is really essential and will set you up for success.

Be strong!

Donald
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 15:37
Registered Member

Plan: Sugar Busters!
Stats: 326.5/312/150 Female 69"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default Re: Day 2 - trials and tribulations

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tripletmom
[B]

The only bummer I'm seeing right now is that I bought myself a great new scale, does the body fat thing, goes up to 330 pounds, etc. Well, I had figured that I had gone over the 330 mark, which is why I had re-set my start/current weights at 340 (my highest) since my clothes are fitting the way they did at my highest - tight and uncomfortable, and I was right.... when I step on the scale, I get "ERR" instead of a reading. It was dissapointing for me, and hopeful that I am not any higher than 340.

I know how this feels. I had to guess at my weight because I just get a big fat "E" when I step on my scales. Hopefully we are a mere 10 lbs away from actual numbers and what an encouragement it will be when we see them.

Hang in there, its not that far away!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jan-04-03, 20:50
Registered Member

Stats: 360/289/195
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default I too am still at induction levels!

I've been on 'em for six months (give or take a few days when I was in Vegas, and Thanksgiving, and Christmas).

It took all my strength to go to work. When I started induction, I gave up caffiene as well. OMG I thought I was gonna die! My head was swimming for 4 days. I almost felt "drunk" since I couldn't concentrate or anything.

Trust me, if it didn't go away, I'd have done away with the program and done who knows what.

Dan