Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 14:19
Registered Member

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 193/146/128
BF:
Progress: 72%
Smile Introduction

Hello all

This is round II for me - and I'm looking forward to completing my goal.

I "lost" my thyroid gland six or seven years ago, and went from 125 to nearly 200 pounds in no time at all - which was fairly devastating.

I tried every diet and excercised fanatically, to no avail. And then I gave up. Gave up fitted clothes. Gave up those double takes men used to send my way. Gave up family portraits. Gave up self respect.

Heard about LC in 2001, did the (extensive) research, and gave it a shot - with great results. Went from 200 to 145 in less than 10 months, and have been on maintenance through early November. Gave myself "permission" to eat all of those Holiday foods (bad, bad idea), gained 10 pounds, and here I am - ready for round II.

I see that there is a lot more support for the LC lifestyle, and I'm looking forward to checking out the site more thoroughly. I can tell you I would have appreciated some of these recipies during round I! I'll be sure to share some of the ones I've developed over time.

Good luck to the rest of you! I'll talk to you soon...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 14:22
The evolution of me

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Hi and welcome!

This really is a great forum with very supportive people. I'm looking forward to knowing you better.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-02-03, 16:45

Stats: 157/145/130
BF:
Progress: 44%

Thanks, Folks. What a wonderful quote to start the NY -- boy-- it speaks to me. Patty123
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 00:27

Stats: 170/155/120
BF:
Progress: 30%

Patty, sounds like you are in a lot of pain. Boy, I can relate to that. I am here to tell you that it can be done. For two years I had been depressed about my weight gain and the inability to stop gaining. I have lost 15 lbs in one month on the Atkins plan where nothing else worked. Exercise is not negotiable...I do it because I want to live and it keeps the blues at bay. I got some ways to go but I am really learning to love myself again, and being fit is really where it's at, even if I don't meet my weight loss goals.

Please read the book or go to the Atkins sight and get as much data as you can. Also, this is a terrific support group here, and there's a lot of power in "we."

Your post really touched my heart. Welcome and Carb Off!