Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-03, 23:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 149/150/120
BF:
Progress: -3%
Default thank you everyone

It is so helpful to have support here. I am feeling really horrible - physically, mentally, emotionally...I know it has SO much to do with all of the sugar and refined carbs I've got in my system right now. I too have been a victim of the roller coaster effect. I can't even recall when I took the first bite of sugar - it seemed so harmless at the time, to be sure. But it has turned into a few all out sugar binges over the last few months. And the pounds have been piling on.

I feel so beat down. Like I just don't have it in me to do one more diet. I do know that I don't have any clarity with my system so bogged down with sugar. I am really looking forward to the relief. I guess I have had real trouble with accepting that I need to eat this way for a lifetime. Like I will be missing out on something if I don't have dessert at a party or a drink on a date or cake at my wedding. The funniest thing?!? I don't even have a boyfriend and I've been feeling so awful about myself, it's been forever since I've been on a date! And here I am worrying about what I'll be missing out on. Well, I'll tell you what I'm missing out on now - LIFE. Life is passing me by while I am stuffing myself with chocolate cookies and paying dearly for it physically and mentally. My son doesn't get to see the real me because I am on the binge roller coaster all the time. Also, I have been caught up in all the debate about whether Atkins is healthy or not. Well - I do know that the only time in my life that I have had relief from cravings, binges, and excess weight, is when I was free of sugar and flour and eating low carb. I was exercising, dealing with stresses without turning to food, and I was enjoying life! That's enough personal scientific evidence for me!!

OK, must go and try to recover from this sugar and flour induced stomach ache. Thanks again everyone for your thoughts and encouragement. I won't be far from the forums for a while. While I am here, I think I will post my food for tomorrow. Just to get it out there.

b - 3 eggs cooked in olive oil
l - 1 can tuna with mayo, chopped olives
s - hard boiled egg? not sure - will make it protein and fat
d - 1 portion fish, small salad, small portion low-carb veggies, olive oil

Over and out for now. Be back tomorrow...