Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-03, 19:46
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 293/293/175 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default None of us SCREWED up!

There are no bad foods, just some choices that aren't as good. Try and think back to before you started LCing...what might a typical Christmas day/holiday season have been like? I know I could have been found polishing off two or three Nanaimo bars at one sitting, fruit cake (yeah, I'll admit it - I love it), cherry pound cake, Turtles, chocolates by the handful, eating way way way too much at Christmas dinner to the point of getting sick...just eating with absolutely not a care in mind. But this year I did enjoy some choices over the holidays that I wouldn't normally have while being strict with the LCing but it wasn't wrong, it was normal. I found it best to plan ahead and pick my poisons...I never had any non-LC sweets at all (made goodies for myself and had them on hand), basically stuck to the plan for Christmas dinner but did enjoy a good helping of Christmas Morning Wifesaver at breakfast that day 'cause that's the one thing I like best about Christmas and I would rather have that than a turkey and the fixins that go with it.

So, sit back, relax, be proud of the choices you made, be proud of your progress and have a great 2003!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-03, 23:32
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%

Thanks Suzan. I was thinking of something similar ... how Christmas Dinner (or any of the holiday family dinners) used to consist of whatever roasted or baked meat (ham, turkey, beef etc.. ) served up with candied yams, mashed white potatoes, corn and stuffing. We just automatically considered the yams, spuds and corn as vegetables. A leafy salad was unheard of .. I cringe now to think how much food I used to eat as a youngster at these family gatherings and thought it was perfectly NORMAL.

Happy New Year, and happy low-carbing to all

Doreen
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-03-03, 21:55
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, under 30/day
Stats: 335/289/185
BF:
Progress: 31%

For me, it was the pies. Chocolate cream, apple, pumpkin, peach cobbler, lemon meringue, blackberry cobbler, blueberry and more - waiting on the dining room table, taunting me. My stomach could not hold all of those flavors. So, I would eat one or two, on top of everything else, and get so full I threw up. Then, go back and do it again. Very sad to think of it now, but it only happened on holidays and only because of the pies, and only for a few years (pre-teen). That was the one time I truly had no control. I would try hard not to do it and simply could not stop myself. My mother made the best pies. I still don't know if I could resist one like she used to make, but nobody else's pies ever taste as good as hers did, so I'm no longer tempted.